Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SONY KV36FS76 if you have just got one

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by MackemX, Jan 20, 2003.

1. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me the size dimensions of the actual box it comes in?

I've got the TV dimensions but I want to know if the box will go through my door or not

emailed a few suppliers but as of yet no response

cheers

2. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know but I know they will normally take the set out of the box to get it in your place.....and take away the packaging if you ask them nicely the mugs at c*met did!

3. ScottyToo

ScottyToo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Doh!! If you had posted this morning I could have told you!

I had mine delivered on Thursday and I took the box to the tip this afternoon :rolleyes:

For what it's worth they couldn't get the box through my front door so it was unpacked outside and the TV brought in upacked. Even with out the box they only had about 1-1.5" each side!!

P.S. You may recall I was going for a 36NX200 (see HERE to which you contributed. Well I got jacked about by the Sony Centre who didn't actually have stock. It ended up with the suggestions on that thread making sense so I switched to the 36FS76. The main reasons were
    [1] according to Sony you can't record to VCR from the digital tuner inside the 36NX200 when it is off (makes sense)
    [2] upgrade-ability seems easier if it 's a seperate box.
    [3] not worth the extra for the looks.

I'm happy in my decision (or should I say change of decision!).

Cheers for your input previously. Sorry I can't return the favour this time.

Scotty.

4. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you only got set this morning and you've flung the box, hope you don't have to send it back cos I don't think you'll find a jiffy bag that's big enuff! :D

how much & where did you get your set from?

what's your 1st impression of your set?

I'm sure that it won't go in my door as it seems to be very narrow with the UPVC frame being larger than normal

Don't really wanna unpack it outside, but it sure looks that way, unless I try the patio door route round the back!

someone will have box dimensions eventually

cheers

5. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was ok but if you do have to take the set out of the box, it is not too bad. There is a rather clever little set up in which you simply unlock some plastic fasteners on the sides and this this allows you to lift the top portion of the box away. The monster is then revealed. It does not take long but just watch the delivery people do not rush etc and damage remote or anything. As it happens I have kept my box flat in the garage so unless anyone posts the dimensions or you get them from Sony, I will dig it out and post them. ( I also have my old fs70 box! want to buy it?)

6. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Man, im soooo envious of you guys, i ordered my fs76 last week. Am hoping that i dont have to wait too much longer...

7. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am still stuck with my faulty FS76!!! :-(

I am curious to know you took delivery of yours only last week. Who was your supplier and do they have anymore??!

I have tried everyone I can. I'm currently waiting on House of Fraser but they have just put their own delivery date back to early to mid Feb. I will have to wait 10 days after that!!??

If anyone knows of a supplier please let me know.

Many thanks

Tom

8. ScottyToo

ScottyToo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mine was from Sony Centre in Harlow. Whether it was an empty boast or not but they reckon they had quite a few as well as "loads of" 32NX200's. They were only short of 36NX200's.

I called them last Monday to change my order and the 36FS76 was delivered on the Thursday! (I feel a bit guilty as if I have jumped the queue:blush: . Sorry (well a little bit) ;) )

So MackemX, it was about 3 days before I threw the box.

I'm very happy with it and was surprised how good the sound is from the TV i.e. before I'd connected up my home cinema kit.

I got the TV for about £1700 (I think) including the 5 year on-site (hence no need for a box) warranty and delivery & installation. The price can be beaten but then I've got mine in my lounge and those with cheap prices haven't even got them in their warehouses!! I guess it depends it you're happy to wait or not.

9. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As others have said, its don't fit through a standard door in the box, or through my patio doors!
    As for others, Jlewis men unpacked in the front gargen and carefully carried it in, they disposed of box, I'd have nowhere to store it anyway!
    My only gripe was that the stand had already been assembled , I like to do it myself, to ensure everythings tight,and I asked for it's instructions to be greated with a smirk. they found some on the floor of the van.
    As I'd had previous problems with 5 Tosh's, JL had given me the install option free and stand assembly comes with this and all the plugging in and tuning.
    Then as posted, had Sony chaps for 4hrs to set it up properly.
    I'd meant to post what they did, but have mislayed the notes at the moment, but adjustment for focus and geometry, that they were prepared to do was limited to only around 6 service lines.
    The interesting thing is that, inside the TV to the RHS of the tube( viewing from rear ), is an overall focus control.
    Lower RHS TOP knob.
    DO NOT TOUCH LOWERRHS KNOB as sony chaps said it is disasterous to do so.
    My opinion is not to touch any, but ithats up to you.
    They actually defocused the centre and in software improved oute edges.
    This concerned me and still makes me uneasy, there is some noticable centre blurring on upper and lower center teletext only.
    But if I'd not seen it done, I'd probably be happy.
    They corected the geometry very well and the upper and lower bars in WS are perfect.

10. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quite right MackemX, I think some companies want the TV in its original packaging if you return it.

Bam

12. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I rang sound & vision today to enquire when my fs76 tv may be coming, the guy said "it should be here in the next few days.."

I hope that wasnt a fob-off.....
    :rolleyes:

13. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just to get back to the point, you will need a door just over 29 inches to fit the box through. :eek:

Dave

14. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like mine is being unpacked oustide then....

(when it arrives.. damm sony uk)

:(

15. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Manuman,

It sounds like a fob off to me (from what every retailer has told me this week) but I sincerely hope its not.

Can you please post to let me know if your tv comes in.

Thanks

Tom

16. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do.

17. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 3 foot!!!!

mine's way less because of the rim of the door frame covering the door bowt an a inch either side!

gonna have to check it properly with a tape measure but I measured with a piece of a4 paper which I know dimensions of!

DOH!

got this back from a Sony Centre

Width 44"
    Depth 30"
    Height 32"

wonder if I can get the TV in without the box?!??!??!?

18. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where theres a will, theres a way mate, by the way, whens yr fs76 coming MackenX?

I rang s&v up again this morning and was told a week thursday.

19. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    matters are complicated now

it's on order from Unbeatable at £1377 delivered with one years warranty (2 if I include Barclaycard warranty), but no sign of delivery and no idea of when it's coming

or I can cancel, then buy from a local John Lewis which includes the 5 year warranty for £1799 then try and pricematch elsewhere

I'v just had a right clart on getting John Lewis to admit they actually do pricematch other stores and DO NOT take into consideration the 5 year warranty

I was told by 3 seperate stores and asked about pricematching other stores, they kept on saying "like for like, so you must include the X amount extra for warranty"

but after confirming it by ringing and speaking to Undersales at JL today, who knew what the exact pricematch offer details were, they will price match any other store REGARDLESS of whether or not you purchase the 5 year warranty

but they are thinking of excluding Plasma's from the deal as 5 years warranty for a Plasma is quite expensive to include

so the sales reps are talking poo!, stand your ground and demand they pricematch other stores regardless of warranty, any grief just ask them to ring someone to check

this applies to all items not just TV's

20. marineboy

marineboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While we're on the subject of the 36FS76, has anyone been successful in setting it up as the centre speaker within a 5.1 arrangement?

I've bought the DAV550 (but haven't connected it yet - Comet still don't have a delivery date for the TV despite the fact that I've paid a deposit) and want to beef up the centre speaker.

Any suggestions?