1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Kv36fs76 Goes Bright and cuts out

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kera, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Kera

Kera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony Kv36fs76 which I have owned for a couple of months, today went wrong today. I was viewing Teletext when the screen went bringht, switched itself off a few seconds later and the Power LED on the front started flashing alternately between Green and Red indicating that I should contact SONY.

Anyone else had this ?:(

2. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Sony that went wrong a few years back and the power light stayed on.The engineer that dealt with it said all modern T.V's use the power light to indicate specific faults,according to what they do;i.e flash,stay on,alternate colour etc.I'm afraid it's time to make that call:(

3. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the fault I have on my FS76. I only got one week out of mine before the fault appeared. I couldn't use the tv for about a week without it turning itself off. it has settled down somewhat now but isn't right. I had two Sony chaps come out to see it but they recommended I got it exchanged.

I am now stuck with a faulty TV because Sony seem to have stopped making them!??

Tom

4. halyousif

halyousif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Happened to me as well except mine was a 3yr old 32FX20. The blacks went magenta after the brightness increase and the standby light was flashing as well.

After getting quotes of £800-£1000 and 6 weeks to fix I decided to buy a new one. Got the 32FQ80 and it's fantastic.

Still have the old one in the bedroom for the little one to watch teletubbies.

5. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stopped making the fs76??
    Tell me more. Or have I missed the bloody obvious.

My 76 would not switch on from standby, and need to be turned off then on again, but this happed 2 weeks in, and not since in 2-3 months.

6. Lpool

Lpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Sony KV-36FS76 Saturday, and I'm not sure I'm happy with mine....It's fantastic when watching dvd, but It's not so good when watching sports....the sound is much better on a Philips tv..and I didn't like the remote...not so soften buttons as I have on other remotes...and...it is buzzing... Any comments?

I hope you understood my poor english:)

7. Kera

Kera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This TV is the new model that has just come out. Are you sure it is discontinued ?

8. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On a side note, my ETA for my fs76 is now Thursday 30th jan.

Fingers crossed......

9. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The KV36FS76 is not discontinued its just that Tommo was being sarcastic because he is currently struggling to locate a replacement. A lot of retailers are out of stock at the moment.

[​IMG]

10. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It wouldn't have cost you anything if you had chased them quoting the Sale of Goods Act. Goods have to be of merchantable quality and last a reasonable time, General consensus is 5 to 6 years for a quality tv. During that time if it fails due to a fault which is not caused by fair wear and tear the retailer is obliged to repair, replace with an equivalent or compensate you for the short life time of the set.

You do not need an extended warranty, indeed if you buy one all you are doing is paying extra for what you already have by law, but avoiding the arguments to get what you are entitled to.

You may have to kick up a fuss and go direct to their head office threatening the small claims court etc but they will give in as they are fully aware of your rights under the law. They just hope that an early refusal to sort out your problem will make you go away as most of the unaware will do.

As you still have the set Its time to make that call and get it repaired or replaced.