1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV36FS76 and Xbox Problem?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BLACK_MAGIC, Mar 2, 2003.

1. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just got my new set yesterday from costco. £1400 and a free three year warrenty. So far im well chuffed with it and seems to be flawless except with one niggling thing with my xbox.
    I have an rgb advanced xbox lead made by microsoft. When i use the xbox as a dvd player the picture is flawless (still shocked by how good the picture actually is on this set). However when i use it for gamming for some reason the whites have a horrid yellow tint to them. What makes it worse is that this intermitant. One time i could turn on the console and play games and the whites are pure white, then i turn off the set come back later turn everything on again and the whites are yellow.
    It does this on both the rgb sockets. The normal TV and using the xbox for DVD's doesnt present this problem ever. Is this a fault with the TV not picking the signal up from the xbox properly or is it a fault with the xbox or is it even something completly different.
    Any help would be really greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A bit more info. This problem happens on both the rgb sockets, but not on any of the others. Ive tryied a none rgb lead on all the sockets also and using a different xbox and there isnt any problems with none rgb cable.
    Both xboxs produce the same results with the the rgb lead on both rgb sockets at thats erem buggered:(

3. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just discovered that if i switch the xbox from 60hz pal compatible off and put it to regualr 50hz mode then i never get the problem at all.
    It looks like its a problem with the xbox's 60hz mode and the TV. Cant figure if its a problem between 60 and 100 hz or just that the TV is incapable of understanding the signal properly. Seems strange to have these problems on a newish model of TV.
    Dont suppose anyone knows if by switching the xbox down to 50hz and running it on my tv if i would get the same frame rates as if i was running the xbox on 60hz mode on a TV that worked with it properly?