1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV36FS70 scrolling bars and focus probs!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rjs1974, Apr 2, 2002.

1. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed many references in this forum to two problems with this set (which I own):

(1) Scrolling bars

(2) Left side focus problems.

Please could someone describe these for me? Are the scrolling bars left to right or right to left? White or black bars? Do they affect DVD playback or simply terrestrial TV?

I think my set has a blurry/out of focus left side of the screen, certainly the left hand edge of teletext is blurred - could someone describe the characteristics of this problem too?

I also have a green stain purity problem and **** poor geometry, especially in 4:3 mode. Shocking.

Please describe these probs as best you can so I can check if my set suffers from either, since I am getting an engineer out to "fix" the purity error and I hope the geometry too (as if!)

Am tempted to dump the Sony.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    obviously you can see the fault with the blurred left of screen on teletext like you mentioned. As for the bars. the best way to see them is to turn your brightness right up. Then put in a dvd or video and pause the dvd/video on a dark scene. I found the best place to see the bars was just before the movie starts and the screen is totally black. You should see them then. Good Luck