SONY KV36FS70 PROBLEM

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Cinders, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Cinders

Cinders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone could advise...

My tv is only 1 month old and in the top left hand corner it has developed a green tinge when on a white background.

It looks like a magnet has been placed on it. Now I live by myself and I know for sure that nothing has been put ontop of the tv, nothing.

What can I do about this tinge? I mean it's only small, but I can see it if I look for it, it's definately there and I don't think it should be on a £2K tv set.

Do I live with it, or will Sony sort it out for me under warranty?

Any suggestiosn much appreciated!

thanks, matt.

2. ScottGreatorex

ScottGreatorex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speak to the place you brought it from, they should send out an engineer to fix it for you, under warranty. its a simple process.

Scott

3. wirez

wirez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You've probably got it close to a metal radiator or something. Reposition it at the other end of the room, and turn the set on and off with the on switch for about two weeks instead of using standby. The automatic degausser will probably take care of it. If not an engineer will degauss it for you, its a simple process.