Sony KV36FS70 CRT TV Ghosting

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by andyhorsman, Apr 27, 2007.

1. andyhorsman

andyhorsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My KV36FS70 has just ran out of its 5 year Guarentee period and has developed a ghosting vertical line about 3" wide that runs from left to right at about a frequency of 1hz. This is present no matter what we are watching Terestrial TV, digital TV, DVD. present on all inputs. It appears to be getting progressively worse, but this might be because I am watching it now. Any Ideas?:lease:

2. ismael-1986

ismael-1986

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    are you able to post a pic?
    that way we can establish this 'fault'

3. Mofoman

Mofoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    This is more than likely a problem with one of the appliances you have going into the set, caused by a poor scart lead.

Unplug all the scart lead's or anything going into the tv, to find the guilty lead or appliance.

This is most likely what is causing it, but without seeing the fault, I cannot be sure.

4. andyhorsman

andyhorsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would I still get the ghosting watching normal terestrial TV with all AV input devices switched off or can a suspect cable device still have an effect?

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    Depending on the device yes.
    Unplug everything...in fact...to be on the safe side (to prove the point) physically move any equipment you might have underneath/beside it further away and see if this interference band is still present...it may be radiated interference and the only way to be sure is to physically separate it from the TV.