1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV36FS owners - about your stand?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Markster, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The stand that comes with this set has one shelf in the centre.

Has anyone left there shelf out?

Can you confirm that leaving this shelf out will not make the stand unstable?.

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not taken the shelf out but raised it up on four legs so to have enough air circulation for the amp.....but it is not fixed in......
    Once a week it is pulled out for cleaning behind and it shows no signs of weakness........now i have a 30lb centre speaker on on top............it's fine...........!!

3. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers bob

The problem i have got is i need to fit my amp, vcr, dvd, sky
    all underneath so this is definately going to mean leaving the shelf out. At which point hopefully they will all just about fit.

I am presuming the back is open so hopefully that will give it the ventalation it needs.

I understand the inside height is 15.5 inches, i dont suppose you know or can tell me what the inside width is?

I am desperately trying to avoid spending another £300 for a replacement stand!!!!

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Width 515mm Height 395mm
    Two hardboard inserts at the back, mine are not fitted, for better ventilation.......... Hope this helps