1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV36F570 - opinions?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mesh, Jan 9, 2002.

1. mesh

mesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about the KV36F570, I'd like to hear your reviews, good/bad.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's been huge debate on the 36FS70. A search will reveal all.

I've just returned mine and I am now deciding what to buy.

Problem is I 'm left with the metal and glass stand which I bought as an optional extra (bought from a different dealer).

3. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had one replaced after nine months, that was my second Sony replacement in a year. It seems to be pot luck when buying one of these.

My current FS70 is ok but it's not difficult to spot the flaws when you look closely.

I've now got an order in for the new Loewe Aconda 40"

The one piece of advice I would give is don't buy mail order, pay more so that when there is a problem you can stand face to face in a shop and protest. That's the only way to get things done.

4. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Tony - get from a shop esp buying a W/S telly. There is so much problem with them these days as you can see from the post. John Lewis is a good place to buy and they throw in a 5 year guarantee.

Like Tony, I am also having problem with my Sony. To make matter worse, Sony is not coming clean and not giving a damn with sorting out the faults. Even the service engineers do not know what to do other than asking owners to return them. Look at my thread under "Sony KV32FQ75 Continuing Problem". The model you are talking above also have similar problem.

Think hard before getting a Sony..... unless you want to join the SOny Frustrated Owners Club !!!

5. mesh

mesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies,

I was considering buying the Toshiba 36ZP18P, however after reading the threads I'll give it a miss.;)
    Has anyone got anything good to say about the KV36F570?

6. Staminastan2001

Staminastan2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll (briefly) stand up for the Sony, since no one else is going to..!

Indeed I believe in the pot luck theory, and I think I've been lucky in that my 36FS70 is absolutely beautiful (and I am very very picky about such things). The picture is stunning, rbg feeds are wonderfully sharp (I bought one of those switcher boxes things so that I could connect Don Igital and my dvd player to the single rgb scart.)

Minor quibbles :

1) One rgb scart. But a Quatro box is remote controllable and I had fun progging that into my Pronto. Oh yes, the winter evenings just fly by...
    2) Poxy amount of speaker wire to the rears. For crying out loud, a two grand telly with five feet of speaker cable (ish - not very much more than that, any way!)

stan.