1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32LS60

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by moley, Jan 13, 2003.

1. moley

moley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Sony KV32LS60 and I find that the picture on Sky channels is quite grainy and the picture not very sharp. I am comparing this to my 7 year old Sony Triniton which was a much better picture. I used all the original cables from the old set. Does a decent scart lead make a real difference with the picture? There is also quite a loud hum from the top of the set. Is this normal? Thanks.

2. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    This is the 100hz scanrate of your TV showing up the poor compression of the Sky broadcast. I was disappointed when I had my first 100hz TV and watched Sky on it for the first time. Put on a channel with a decent quality compression (Premier Widescreen, Five (sometimes), Premiership Plus) and you'll see the difference.

It may sharpen the image a bit. I tried my IXOS SCART on my digibox and it didn't make much difference.

Most, if not all TV's hum. Depends if it gets on your nerves or not. My LS60 buzzes as soon as I turn it on but the buzz goes after a couple of minutes. You could change your TV for a new one and find the it buzzes louder than your old one.