1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony kv32ls60 child lock

Discussion in 'TVs' started by lonestar, Jan 28, 2003.

1. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am looking at buying the sony kv32ls60 and have read all the pros and cons about on this site. Howvever, one item that does not appear to have been covered is the lack of a child lock on this tv. With two small children running around (both under 3) I am worried that they will think that a new toy has arrived and break my heart (and possibly tv) playing the buttons.

So is it the lack of child lock on this tv a draw back.

Thanks.

2. Monty Mole

Monty Mole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a KV28LS60, thanks to Squirrel God's review - so far it's a great TV. I don't see the lack of a child lock as a real drawback. As far as I know the child locks on other TV's stop you changing channels/volume etc using the buttons on the front of the TV. The LS60 doesn't have any of these buttons (at least not exposed at the front of the TV) - only the On/Off button.

Of course if they get hold of the remote, they could certainly play the buttons, but that would be the same for any TV.

I say go for it!

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Well there are buttons on the side. I dont think it be hard for kids to push that door and let it spring out and start playing witht the buttons do you

4. BigB@dJ@y

BigB@dJ@y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Barbed wire and gun turrets work for me!!

Seriously though, I had to ditch the cabinet my TV came with and built a hooooge one myself...the little swines cant get near it :D
    (Ive got 1 year old twin girls)

here's a piccy of my home made unit :-

[​IMG]

PS:- I have since changed stuff around a little (I.E. moved the lot to the rear of the house and stuck the TV in the middle with the centre speaker on top......the kids can just reach the top of the unit...and yes, that is the FLIMBLES on the TV :blush:

Im getting a Sony KV32LS60 soon :D

5. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for all the replies, I've seen one of these in my local Sony centre, complete with demo of concealed panel, although sat right beside the ls60 was the fx66, after seeing the two side-by-side like that it was easy to get persuaded by the fx66.

6. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Yeah the FX66 are very nice kits, I went for the FX66 for many reason and one of them cos it looks the biz in my room even better with open Stand. But some people like the close stand but I dont.

7. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Looks like I am going for the fx66, although the postage over to n.ireland will cost me.