1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY KV32LS35U - just got one

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Manray, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Manray

Manray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i was determined to have a new TV today, so i baught it from a store, for £100/extra rather than risk buying from the internet, a shop that might go bust next day or something.....(yes im a big fan of internet shopping and not an oldskool skeptic)

Anways, i have NTL cable, and im soon to buy a dvd player (toshiba 210 looks good)

anways, is this tv any good in your opinions? I think the picture clarity is great, the sounds not good, but i dont use it, i have a seperate dolby decoder and amp, and some good acoustic energy left/right speakers, with a mordant short center (fits nice in the tv stand, just have to open the doors everytime i watch tv)

Also can u recommend any scarts? and how much of a difference will i see?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the 24" (KV24LS35S) version for a bedroom....

I'm more than happy. It looks great, both picture and casing. I reckon the sound is fairly decent too FWIW.

My Pioneer DV545 looks stunning going through the RGB scart socket. And I was stunned also at the quality of my Dreamcast via RGB, colours were superb and I couldn't ask for much better results.

Geometry, on my set anyway was good. There's the tiniest bit of curvature towards the top right and left but this is barely noticable unless you really look for it.

Only problems I have are:

# The Program up/down buttons on the front of the set and impossible to press, they are deeply sunk-in compared to the others and my fingers just won't press em

# I like to switch channels alot, and there's no proper "-/--" button on the remote. So you have to press your channel button then wait 2.5 seconds before you can press another number button to switch channel.

# Remote Control is very long

other than that it's a great TV, and looks great in my bedroom!!

Mark

3. Manray

Manray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn i was getting a bit worried, my picture quality was lacking, and i was getting fuzziness, then i read the manual, it said only one of the scarts takes rgb, and i had plugged in the wrong one. Now the quality is truly superb, i am extremly impressed. Also my center speaker has much more depth and clarity sitting inside the top shelf of the cabinet (glass doors open of course, although a powerhouse employee suggested it would not make a difference with them closed.......um, right, and he knows how much exactly?)

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes, I agree the picture is superb, if only it didn't flicker so badly.
    If you can't see 50hz pulsing you will be delighted, but then if that is the case perhaps a Pacific widescreen from Asda would prove adequate, 3 year guarantee too.

5. Manray

Manray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very sensitive to screen flicker, and nearly every tv i saw was dodgy, except this sony, and a toshiba i saw.

Alot of people degrade 50hz tvs, but i find 100hz tvs look very clinical, and the 50hz ones a little more natural, plus £500extra for 100hz, and i could not see it improving my viewing tremendously.

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I am pleased you are enjoying your Sony, one thing for sure it will last many years, genuine high build quality.
    I like the styling too, nice cabinet.

7. Whistler

Whistler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi just to let you know i also have the SONY KV32LS35U runing alongside the DAV 800 and sony digi box and i have to say so far so good.I used the Squart lead and also found that made quite an impressive difference.
    I'm in the process off tracking down the menu hack ,so if anybody has any ideas please drop me a line.
    happy viewing