Sony Kv32Ls35s info

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by itbegins, Sep 28, 2001.

1. itbegins

itbegins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,i am looking at buying this set to replace a Philips 9616, does anybody have any information on it,and if you own one how do you find it?.Any info would be very appreciated

2. atmoscinema

atmoscinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Just bought one,excellent all round.

Plays everything in correct aspect ratio in PAL/NTSC through both scarts.Some really sharp colourfull pictures.

It even has picture side shift for RGB.

I had Phillips before and the Sony is better.

What else do you want to know?

[ 29-09-2001: Message edited by: Wayne Moule ]</p>

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: Wayne Moule ]

3. itbegins

itbegins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply,i had a Philips 32 9616,but the picture quality was so bad when watching Sky digital,it had to go ,i want a 50hz set and i liked the look of the Sony.How is the pic geometry,anything that has caught your eye?do you have Sky digital?.I cant find a review for the set anywhere.Thanks again for your reply<br />regards

4. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I have this set too. I've had a succession of Panasonic sets in my home for the last few months, all disastrous. It's refreshing to watch a TV with no faults (or none I've noticed yet!)<br />Physically, it's quite a big set,perhaps unnecessarilly so, but to my eyes quite attractive - there's no big square ugly black box sticking out of the back. As a bit of furniture, it looks attractive from all angles. It certainly looks different from all other TVs on the market.<br />I find geometry perfect. And no nasty lines or stains or tizzing or shadows. <br />I personally prefer the S Video over RGB, as it gives you access to more user settings, but that's just a personal taste thing.<br />I'd say that the picture isn't razor sharp - not as sharp as my 10 year old Sony in my spare room, or in fact the Panasonic which I've just got rid of, but the picture is consistent and easy on the eye. You can just get on with viewing.<br />All in all highly recommended.

5. atmoscinema

atmoscinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    The looks and the fact it was my first Sony widescreen,having tried Philips and Panasonic,made me buy this one,having had Sony 4:3 before which have been colourfull and sharp.

The only thing I could fault it on is a small line 1" in from the right in widescreen half way up that stands out more than the other faint lines in the same area on both sides,in lighter conditions,only in full widescreen though and not all the time.Along with this there is some dark staining on both sides in lighter conditions.I've looked at a few in the shops and they all have these slight lines.No tv is perfect.

This is not noticeable during normal viewing and is within the tellies design spec I would say and is something to do with the beam focus via the grill spreading out in widescreen at a guess,which I can live with.

My picture can be razor sharp,colourfull and detailed depending on source material.

The colours are fantastic in RGB with my new Pace NTL Digital box.

It's built like a tank.

Limited teletext,but I read NTL Interactive now.

The sound is fine as well.I don't like having to go into the sound menu to get the sound out from the rear phonos to the amp though.It's not a very high output,even when turned up.Since I get a bit of interference this way also,I've bought a Scart to phono out adapter which by passes all this and has solved my sound problem.

Overall,after 3 weeks I am happy and getting more impressed by the picture the more I watch it and am happy to keep it for a long while and enjoy actually watching a film or programme,fingers crossed,which is how it should be.

No real nasties or bugs then.

6. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Wayne,
    Just to confirm - do you have to go into the menu every time you switch the TV on if you want to turn the internal speakers off? I have to do this - it's not a major problem because I have a Philips Pronto remote which sends a series of commands on switch on to turn the speakers off, but you would have thought the TV would save the setting when you switch it off.

7. Smurfa

Smurfa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I solved it by plugging in a headphone connector in the front. This turns off the internal speakers.

8. atmoscinema

atmoscinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Keiron.

Yes.

But because I have a direct link by the Scart to Phono Adapter to my amp,when I want to listen through my amp,I just turn the volume level down to zero.

You get a much better higher volume output as well.

9. atmoscinema

atmoscinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Keiron.

If you do what I did and turn the volume down to zero,when you switch off and on again the tv remembers the zero setting.