1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32LS35/DAVS500

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ma6235, Nov 5, 2001.

1. ma6235

ma6235

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

Thinking about entering the world of home cinema. After searching these forums I wondered if the above package would make sense. I would not be looking to upgrade for sometime. I notice that the TV has only two SCART connectors. How would I connect up a SKY digibox and VCR to get the best performance from the system ? (I'm still confused about RGB's etc) If my budget allows I might replace my old VCR. any suggestions ? Is the DVD multiregion or can it be hacked ?

Any further comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.

2. S

S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    [ I did reply to this earlier but it seems to have disappeared... ]

The DAVS500 can be made multi-region but it requires a hardware mod. Reckon on £30-£50 above the R2 price.

One of the drawbacks of the S500 is that it only supports S-video and composite video; there's no RGB output.

On the plus side, this simplifies your connection options as only one SCART (usually AV2) will support S-video.

I would connect them as follows:

DVD->AV2
    VCR->SAT
    SAT->AV1