1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony kv32hx15

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by thebubble, Aug 16, 2004.

1. thebubble

thebubble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there have any opinions on the Sony KV32HX15 tv. I've been reading about the 'GREEN' problems with the KV32CS70, and wondered how this model compares. I've got the CS70 on order and I'm now wondering whether to cancel it sharpish!! :lease:

2. JoeyL

JoeyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bubble, I have the CS70 (I was the first to notice the GREEN aliens :D )

Well, the green issue is a very very simple fix. Unbelievable how it even happened in the first place.
    But since I got mine fixed, I've noticed other little annoyances, dodgy geometry (non-straight lines, etc), detailed in another thread... Seems like none of these TV's have perfect geometry, so I may have to live with that. Shame, as its such a nice set otherwise.

3. thebubble

thebubble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it was your info that alerted me in the 1st place, and I'm getting really itchy feet about it now! Think I might just cancel the order before I'm lumbered. Can't find any info anywhere about the HX15 though, which is a 50Hz model. :(

4. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't answer, except to say I've got a HX15 on order (28 inch, though). The HX15 is a BRAND NEW MODEL hence the lack of info when you search. Comet shops have the 28 inch at £499 with a DVD player thrown in, but can't take an order as they can't get the TV yet! I've ordered it for £499 from Argos, also with a DVD until 24/8, as they CLAIM to have it in stock (we'll see).

I opted for 28 inch 50Hz after considering 32 inch 100Hz models, but as they ALL seem to have such problems, and I'm perfectly happy with the picture on our old 21 inch Sony 4:3 TV, I decided that 50Hz was the right thing for me, and that 28 inch would be sufficient as well and minimise potential problems. I'm really not in the frame of mind to start sending TVs back due to picture issues, life's too short.

The HX15 only has 2 Scarts, but does have virtual dolby.

5. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was my first post here, BTW. Great site that I have found very useful in making my decision.

6. gbwann

gbwann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looking to buy a new 32inch TV - read all problems anout 100Hz so probably opting for 50Hz - how is the HX15 doing?
    cheers

7. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my KV28HX15 for about 10 days and it's doing really great, thanks! Great picture, no problems with geometry, greenness, or anything else. It's like a w/s version of my wonderful 10 year old 21 inch Sony Trinitron set.

The set looks great, too.