1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX68S vs Loewe A3981ZWP

Discussion in 'TVs' started by donshel, Jul 23, 2003.

1. donshel

donshel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If any of you have either of these sets, which of the following television do you recommend and why?

Sony KV32FX68S
    Sony KV32FQ70S
    Loewe A3981ZWP

Thanks alot

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Have had 2 FX68's, the second of which was replaced with an FQ70 this afternoon. Both FX68's suffered from edge enhancement/ghosting on all sources, although the first was worst. Due to the sets being so new I elected to change to an FQ70 which I can confirm does not suffer from the same problem. It also has better geometry than the FX68's although both of those were good anyway.

The FQ70 cost me £889 from John Lewis with a price-match, whereas the FX68 was £739. The additonal money buys 100hz Digital Plus rather than vanilla 100Hz, a digital comb filter, VPS and PinP (plus a nicer looking case). None of the three sets have suffered from any noticeable buzzing or scrolling bars.

Can't comment on the Loewe.

3. donshel

donshel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your feedback, I also like shopping at John Lewis - who did you get them to price match (what shop) as they are currently selling the Sony KV32FQ70S @ £1195 and I would not mind buying it for the same price as you!! Thanks again

4. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I would have to say the Loewe Aconda mainly because I own one and know how good it is.
    I looked at a lot of TV's before I chose the Aconda but I know I made the right choice. Fab picture, build quality and designer looks.
    My previous set was a 28" Sony widescreen set and I actually regret buying that now. All the wee niggles got annoying and I now know that there was better availible then. I should have bought a Loewe years ago.

5. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    The Loewe's are certainly very good sets but I personally don't get on with their looks. I'm odd though.

Donshel - the price match was with http://www.totaldigital.biz/

6. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Donshel,

Just for your information. I got my FQ70 at empiredirect, they do it at £899.

PaulJ

7. donshel

donshel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul & Radiohead, thanks for both your feedback. I am now in a very big dilema on what TV to buy. I can buy the FQ70 (free with a DVD) at JL or a Aventos (platiunum) from soundandvision both for the same money (unfortunatly JL only sell the graphite aventos).

TV looks Sony
    TV Picture Aventos

It seems more people are complaining about a buzzing from the Sony FQ70.

Anyone want to help convince me what model to buy?

8. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Bear in mind the free 5 year warranty at JL...

If you prefer the picture on the Loewe get that though.

No buzzing from my FQ70....

9. Thrifty

Thrifty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 32FX68 in April/May from Unbeatable. No buzzing and picture superb. Took me a while to sort out the ideal picture settings and to sus out how to get rgb input from Sky (D'Oh!) but once I'd got the thing set up properly it's given me no real problem. Usual issue with fast scrolling horizontal text, and football from a poor source loses the plot a bit, but other than that no complaints at all. I was a little wary as I'd read horrible things about Sony from this thread but I would recommend it to anyone now.