1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX68

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Red Tim, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Red Tim

Red Tim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after a bit of advice from people in the know. I'm very interested in the Sony Kv32fx68, but on phoning John Lewis re a pricematch. I was told the model has now been discontinued and Sony and they are about to release new stock. A few retailers inc Argos + Makro have reduced the cost of the TV by over #100.
    Is it worth going for this model or waiting for newer models to be released?

Also, can anyone recommend any other 32" 100hz TV in the same price region or is the Sony the best of the lot?

2. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This wont really answer your question but may help in some small way....I am currently look at same TV as yourself, will be my first purchase of decent TV so have no experience to go on but have spent hours looking at reviews & specs of 32" 100hz TV's & this one comes highly recommended. Only thing I have seen as slight negative is that it doesn't have component video input but been advised this shouldn't be too noticeable on 32" & this TV comes with great reviews for picture quality. After much hunting have seen prices at below £600, has same response from John Lewis as yourself as well. If anyone else can give opinions on TV would be great as i'm 95% decided, only thing stopping me is if there is any similair priced TV with as good picture reviews but with component video input. Does anyone have opinion on Toshiba 32ZD26? Have seen this for £600 but it is ''open box'' - but resealed brand new at 3pins.com with 12 month guarantee, or is it unwise going for open box models?

3. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have this sony and can say that it is the mutts nutts, well worth the money at the mo and of course if it goes wrong in the 12 months and they have no more in stock then they must replace it with a simular spek machine ( newer model)