1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX68

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Red Tim, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Red Tim

Red Tim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

1st time poster.

I'm very interested in the Sony KV32FX68, as you guys seem to be in the know can you recommend this TV or do you suggest another model?

Also, can anyone recommend an online retailer for best price, service , pricematch etc?
    Best price i've seen so far including stand is #637, can anyone better that?

Also, some of the models seem to be called the FX68S or the FX68U what do the U + S mean?

Muchos Gracias

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    I've got an FX68, and i think the picture quality is excellent.
    It has 3 scarts too (2 of them RGB capable) which is good.

I looked at quite a few sets before I bought mine, and decided this model offered the best picture.
    I paid £680 for mine (including stand), but read on here recently stories of somewhere selling them for around £550.... I can't remember where though.
    Do a search.

Considering this set sells for around £900 in Comet, Curry's etc, any price below £700 I think is as a bargain.

3. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    got it last week for £539.99 with stand ( the one with 1 glass shelf with sony on it) it would have cost another £30 for delivery.

i got it direct from the suppliers of letsbuyit.com in birmingham, a place called electro centre although they have their own website call soething different, search electro centre in google and it comes up with the place.

since i got mine i have noticed that letsbuyit.com have changed the item to not having a stand with it for that price, try phoning electro centre up and say you saw it advertised for £540 with stand plus 30 delivery and can you have it at that price.

telephone number for the shop is 0121554 1878

mention letsbuyit.com as they supply them to them and ask for the same price as on their own web site they advertise it for 640 with delivery and stand.

4. Riklondon

Riklondon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There,
    I am also after a similar Telly - 32'' and 100 Hz. Have looked at John Lewis and they are run out. Its a very big purchase for me so dont wanna take any risks buying from crap places on the net.

Is it possible for you to tell me, what else can I buy around similar price with peace of mind? Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Cheers

5. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brummybloke....just wondering about the stand you got with your TV. I have found TV at £558 if i collect but it comes with the 1 glass layer stand i guess you have. Does it have any base level too or just floor underneath cos i need to put 3 pieces of kit under telly (sky+, amp & dvd recorder.

6. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    it has a base also but there is not much room under there, enough for my sky box or a dvd player, there is more room on the glass shelf but i have shelving above the tv so thats where my amp has had to go.

it is also out of my little boys grasp aswell.

i will say that the stand was a bastard to put together as the glass shelf fell out 2 times and i thought i had broke it but lucky for me it is made of sturdy stuff.

i had to be a contortionist to tighten those rubber screws to keep the glass in place, i would advise putting a pillow on the bottm shlef while putting the glass in incase you have what happened to me it is rather fiddley.

7. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is a complete waste of your money if you like watching DVD and are a SERIOUS enthousiast about it. Watch out for horizontal flickering suddenly popping up in diferent scenes, especially if you have a Pioneer DVD player. This happens with Sony's own DVD player too

8. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and by the way. Sony Headquarters here in Holland have confirmed now that they know it is a problem with Pioneer players and are working on a fix....(the bloke was hesitant to mention a term) but are reluctant to agree that this happens with EVERY dvd player. I've been in a large HiFi shop and the salesman was almost embarrassed that he couldn't connect ANY dvd-player without noticing this horizontal flickering on the KV-32FX68

9. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    odd because it works on both my yamaha dvd player and my panasonic dvd player with no problems what so ever, great picture great sound (not as good as when i got my dolby digital on though).

top tv for peanuts.

10. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brummybloke, from what you've said it seems its a top picture with DVD's, the only thing stopping me buying this TV is how much better a progressive scan set would be. Problem is I cant compare RGB v PS, all the stores i go to dont wanna show. Just wondered if you'd seen a PS picture & how it faired against your FX68?

11. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    not seen them side by side but just on the technical side of things progressive scan is meant to be 2 x the speed of ntsc ( 60mhz), so there is not too much difference between 100 mhz and 120 mhz.

i suppose it also depends on the source, it would make some of the sky digital clearer when they sometimes go blocky but when the signal is week (when it usualy goes blocky) i would have thought it would not make much difference.

it also depends on how close you will be sitting to the tv but i wouldnt have thought you would notice a difference too greatly on a 32 inch tv

compared to my last tv it is as some non english speaking people would say ' da boomdigatee' or top banana.

12. ACS651

ACS651
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI

I too am interested in this particular model of Sony. Can anybody confirm to me that this tv will allow NTSC format? And also that 2 out of the 3 scart connections are in fact RGB? I have read different reviews/statistics that are conflicting the actual specifications of this model.
    thanks,
    ACS651

13. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought a sony KV32FX68 a few months ago, the picture quality is fine, though I still see some flickering times to times, especially when watching football or when a logo is displayed, another thing that bothers me is the "pixelisation" of the image (but I must say that I'm watching analog-tv, when I'm watching dvd's I can't see any pixelisation), another bad thing about it (yeah I know, that's a lot of bad points for such an expensive tv...that's why I'm planning to buy a plasma HD-TV in a few years...) is the buzzing. What about it you'll probably ask yourself, well I'll just give you this url, just check it out and you'll find out that a lot of sony-tv-owners have a hard time with the fact that their sony-tv is buzzing...
    So: beware!

14. ACS651

ACS651
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyway, thanks guys for taking the time to answer my questions regarding the Sony KV32FX68.

15. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    no worries, maybe im just lucky as my tv has top picture, no buzzing and has 2 rgb connections and all for £540

16. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no buzzing? well yeah then I guess you'r lucky, look at the topic I posted and you'll see it by yourself...

17. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    I have the FX66 version of this TV and it i cant fault it.

Straight out the Box its perfect. Also have a SONY DVD player and plays movies fine. Sky also looks great.

I made sure that my DVD player and Sky box where both set to RGB using RGB scart leads and plaugged into AV1 and AV2 on the Tv which as you can guess are the RGB enabled ones.

It was the best 32" TV i could find 2 years ago and still till this day i havent seen a better picture.

Dal