1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX68 or KV32FQ70

Discussion in 'TVs' started by herbert, Oct 21, 2003.

1. herbert

herbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies as I know this sort of question has been asked many times before..

I'm really struggling to decide which 32" TV to buy.
    I'm looking at the KV32FX68 or KV32FQ70 and in any normal situation I'd buy the FQ70 as it has the more features but I'm worried about the picture issues reported with the FQ70.. Is it really going to be that bad..

I generally watch analog tv although I do have digital cable and watch quite a few dvds to..

Any advice on which to go for or any other appropriate models would be greatly appreciated.. My head is really starting to hurt..

thanks

herbert

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I had 2 FX68's and both suffered from ghosting and excessice edge enhancement on all inputs. I now have an FQ70 and it's a lovely picture, plus the geometry is better.

The FQ70 suffers from very slight upward red bleed, only noticeable when presented with a block of very bright red against a lighter background (ie. not that often) and it is very slight and doesn't bother me. I could see the problem on the FX68 all the time.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an FQ70 as well and have been very happy with it. I have not seen any problems with the picture at all.

:clap:

4. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I had a FX68 but I found that the flicker on logos, actually any straight edge was too much to live with. Characteristic of the set and not a fault!!

I now have a FQ70, it looks better, has perfect geometry (been through 5 other tvs in the last year so now how bad it can be), convergence good, and picture quaility ace. Watched Monsters Inc the other day and was blown away. Pompeii on digi was excellant too.

My tv suffers a bit with vertical red colour bleed but only really noticable when you have bold reds on a white background. Checked many (over 10) and all suffer with this.....However, my FX68 also had red bleed but both vertically and horizontally. Neither Sony's buzz(ed).

I don't think the sound is anything to write home about though and was the one thing on the FX68 that was better. However, get yourself an AV amp and it matters no more ;)

After various problems I got mine dirty cheap with a DVD player and digi box thrown in. I can't print the price though - sorry.

Have fun.