1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX68 in 4:3 mode

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Matt Hamblin, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Matt Hamblin

Matt Hamblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a 32FX68 and I've noticed in 4:3 mode that the picture is noticeably narrower at the bottom than the top. This occurs with both TV broadcasts and 4:3 DVDs. I rang the supplier and he told me that geometry problems like this were very common and that he did not consider it a fault. Is this true and, if so, am I likely to see any improvement with a substitute set. Is it common with other manufacturers? I'm planning to look at another Sony 32KC68 in another shop to see if it suffers the same problem.

The other solution is to use the "Smart" picture mode for 4:3 pictures which expands it to the full wide screen format. However, this mode expands the edges of the picture and, in my opinion, looks unnatural.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

2. pward

pward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most CRT's do suffer from imperfect geometry to a greater or lesser extent. Different samples of the same model can also vary significantly.

It can be adjusted using a hidden 'Service Menu', designed to be used by experienced TV engineers only. Perhaps you could contact your supplier and ask them to send an engineer to adjust the geometry as whilst they may not consider it a fault, you certainly do!

Paul