Sony KV32FX68 from John Lewis...a 'Thank You' [and some help pls...]

/takes saucepans out of box, after repacking them (used) to take back!!! ;)

left it a while for me to calm down and forget about the last call....

Just phoned back, got the name of the dept manager, except he wasnt in store today. spoke to customer services who has taken all the details down and will "look into it" and phone me back. she wasnt too interested when i mentioned the "unjustified claims" made by John Lewis in an email sent out by one of their employees.

she asked how i knew of the previous match at their store, so i said "i know someone who has had it matched" (so monsiuerblack is now a long lost mate of mine now!!!! :D :D )

i shall await the return call; and if its not positive i am leaving the baked beans on the saucepans when i take them back!!!

really should be learning about goodwill and preacquistion profits, but just tempted to go and buy it from currys - theyre always cutting prices yer know.

Originally posted by mdma
...she asked how i knew of the previous match at their store, so i said "i know someone who has had it matched" (so monsiuerblack is now a long lost mate of mine now!!!! :D :D )...
he he

lol

:D:D:D

yep, so how you doing? long time no see eh? ;)
glad you've decided to call back. i know its disheartening when you ring up attempting to get help and the peep on the other end of the phone clearly doesn't want to know :( they could at least pretend :rolleyes: ;) lol

stick with it though...if you need any more help or info etc then please feel free to get in touch...by posting here, via pm [private message] or email... [email protected] any or all of the above ;):cool:

take it easy
monsieurblack

update :
c.services phoned me back to give me an update :

(also including the fact she never visits the department ??)

she re-told me everything i had been told etc etc, which i told i understand - the problem lies now that there is some inconsistency as other cases have been matched.

her reply : but not at this store :eek:

i assured they had, and if she was to look at sales over the previous 2 weeks, she would find a price match case (i said i wasnt in the position to pass on any details, only that it was the same tv and some store :D) I also included that there was an incident regarding the free dvd player!!

"so nottingham have done the price match then" she asked "i will have to confirm this"

she also added the good news that the tv had been reduced to £899 this week, and i could buy at that price. i fancied like adding and yes, why not take an extra £200 for yourself.

she also said, that i had spoken to mr s (the manager) this morning, however i pointed out that i was told he was not in and that i spoke to the person whod sent me the email.

i reiterated the "liable email" again which she will bring up.

no return call yet received!

incidently i have also lost my wallet today.

great day of work!! :D

basically, it doesnt look good. plus if say reluntantly i was to buy it from them (for the 5 yr) and then claim the difference back from b.card would this be a valid case; with the warranty making it not exact goods?

final update :

c.s phoned me back, and basically said they are not prepared to match (although they have seen where the price match has happened previously)

the tv has dropped to 899.00 so this is there final offer!! the dvd offer has ended, although if i buy a dvd and video then the new offer is £100 off.

After my vow "to never buy there again" i think i will go for the tv - as it is the one i want and i do get the 5 year guarantee; but its just a case of will bcard price match it.

incidentally, i can do bu**er all till my new cards have come!!

If you check the Barclaycard page out .. and check under the terms and conditions of their price promise... you can basically price match with any alternative supplier (shop or internet) as long as its the same make, model etc...

You have to provide proof ( ie: web page etc...) of the matching item and I dont think you can claim more than £500 in one go :D

Oh.. if you price match with an internet site...then they will take into consideration delivery etc... so thats the price of the item plus delivery.

You have to do this within 60 days... so you might as well leave it as long as you dare...to see who offers the lowest price.

Good luck

it looks like that option now! ive done matches before and theyve gone through no problem with bcard (im still within my years limit), but wasnt sure whether the guarantee rendered them "different" products.

and not having access to any cards is a right pain. luckily i managed to get cash from my bank yesterday but it means no big purchases for me :(

I think I would ring B/Cards price promise line and get confirmation as to wether the guarantee affects anything.

Also, don't know if you are near any other JL but if yes, would try again and only deal with undersales department. Could do this anyway with any other JL store or get someone else to try just to see what happens.

edit
Just remembered, in my experience, you have to give name and address for receipt of pricematch reply letter so I guess you can't do any old store (have to be within delivery range I guess).

mdma - I would phone barclaycard first & ask about doing the price promise with JL, because it also says in the terms & conditions that they will not price promise if the store has it's own price match policy.
An argument could be that JL only price match with "walk-in" shops, and if your best price is internet only then you couldn't use JL's price match to get the best price then barclaycard should honour their promise.

Originally posted by sparrow-07
mdma - I would phone barclaycard first & ask about doing the price promise with JL, because it also says in the terms & conditions that they will not price promise if the store has it's own price match policy.
An argument could be that JL only price match with "walk-in" shops, and if your best price is internet only then you couldn't use JL's price match to get the best price then barclaycard should honour their promise.

i have wondered about this too -

but when i have thought about it, the pricepromise is done after the orginal purchase; so in theory at this point the store does not have a policy.

i presume if if purchased and claimed on the same day, there may be a problem there.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the distance a store will deliver to? I live 60 miles from my nearest store (Sheffield), just wondering whether that's going to be a problem or do they just charge for delivery if it's over a certain distance?

Cheers
Andy

hi matey

best bet to be 100% sure would be to just give em call. as that was pretty much the first thing they asked me, my postcode, i thought that was good of em :cool:

anyway, i live in leicester and the store i rang was nottingham [i had a choice as there isn't really too much in it for nottingham/solihull/milton keynes stores...] i know thats only around 30-ish miles so i couldn't say for sure, sorry :( just thought i'd let you know how i got on :)

let us know how you get on, it will hopefully help others out who may be wondering the same :smashin:

cheers
monsieurblack

Got a price match with Premier AV Centre for FX68 with Stand for £715

You should expect the same...

hiya :)

not too sure if this is what you were asking :eek: but...

FX68 is [apart from being the tv i've have just got! ;):D he he] the Sony KV-32FX68 [theres also 28" version too :)]

hope that helped
monsieurblack

i presumed the j.l had price matched it! just wondering which branch ;)

i shall try again tomorrow taking a different route (wont tell just incase mr.s from j.l is reading this!!) and let you know the outcome.

ive set myself a challenge now and i am determined to meet it.... at j.l expense :clap:

lol :eek:

man i surprise myself sometimes on how stooopid i am :( :eek: :eek:

i read it as 'brand' not 'branch' :eek:

hey ho

loosing the plot
monsieurblack

Originally posted by monsieurblack
lol :eek:

man i surprise myself sometimes on how stooopid i am :( :eek: :eek:

i

not stooopid at all! - ur the one with the 32" and i am the one with the 28".

on this forum size is everything!!! :rotfl:

one week on......

monday i phoned the undersales department and gave them the details of the the tv i was interested in ;) and said id seen it at techtronics £723.99 which includes delivery (free del over £50)

gave them the details and the nice lady said she would let me know the outcome in the next couple of days....

she phoned me back today and asked if i had another number has she was not getting an answer from the store. :eek:

i went off and tried the number, and after pressing 1 got straight through, so i thought here we go again!!!

phoned undersales back and said i got straight thru but gave her the "southern" number to try.

someone else phoned me back about an hour later (other person had left for the day) and told me theyd got straight through too and confirmed they were £724.00 : and officially offered me a price match!!!!!!!

shes posting me a letter out, but will also pass a copy to the tv department just incase i want to buy it sooner.

hopefully my replacement b.c will be here by sat and i am then faced with the dilema - i am really tempted to go to the store to buy it just hoping to see my mate (not you monsiuerblack!!! :D ) but then it would be far far far easier to phone up and order it. if i did go to store, then would i look sad walking around looking at the name badges selecting my prey :devil: ??

:laugh:

lol :D

congrats matey :smashin:

see...stick with it eh :) glad you got a good outcome. i started to worry too, when i knew that others had indeed been successful in their price matches and john lewis were having none of it with me :(

but thanks to the peeps here at av forums, all was ok and i got the deal i was after.

as satisfying as it may be heading off to the store to carefully single out your prey :devil: it might be easier [wiser ;)] to phone your order through like you say...

anyway, well done and heres to a great victory! :smashin: :hiya:

sorted
monsieurblack

sorry to bring back an old post,but i thought i would give you an update........

still havent got tv lol.

had price match letter through last week from J.L - however i am still waiting for my replacment b.card!!!!!!!!

into the 3rd week, and the last excuse was my replacement card was burnt in a fire lol.

however, i have been reassured that my new one has NOW been sent so that come Tue/Wed is should be here.

The next thing to happen will be - how your price match is only valid for one week! ;)

lol

:D

good to hear you have got the letter...i'm sure your replacement card is following closely :)

heres to price match delight ;)
monsieurblack

Be careful as I asked undersales lady once if JL price match letters were valid indefinately and was told "no, only 28 days" (even though it didn't say that on the letter). She said this after checking with someone else as she wasn't sure herself. Still if a letter runs out I suppose you just try for another.

onzey

I've ordered Sony KV32FX68 too and it is coming on Saturday morning at 11am.

This week feels like a year! :boring:

Got mine from JL via Bristol for £800 since I paid extra for a special crew who will unpack it/set it up/tune it.

I'm soooo nervous! :confused:

Hi all

Do JL have to stock the product in the first place?

I am after the JVC AV32r25... I dont see this item on their website and was just wondering if all stores have the same products?

If JL dont stock this model, would they price match and order it in for me?

Jenny. x

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom