1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX66TNS.U

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by marcusf, Jul 22, 2002.

1. marcusf

marcusf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:

I am thinking of buying a Sony KX32FX66TNS.U as my first widescreen TV, together with a Sony DAV-S500 and SLVSE820 VCR. I think this should give me a good starter system and also change from £1,700.

Does anybody have any experience or comments, good or bad on any of the above.

Also, how does this (or any other) TV provide pictiure-in-picture with only one tuner & what is Dynamic picture-in-picture??

marcus.france@orange.net

2. dac

dac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    marcus,

i was in a very similar position to you.
    eventually got convinced into going the separates route.
    also, the budget is approx £2000, but you can mix and match to get what you want for £1700.

please read this thread here to find out what i will be buying instead.

cheers,
    dac

3. marcusf

marcusf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi dac,

Thanks for your reply. I have read through your other 32dx100 v 32fx66 thread and got loads of useful information from it.

Just when I thought I have anice little package in my mind (32fx66 & DAV-S500), you go and throw me into turmoil again. Not being the most confident person when it comes to new technology, I thought an all-in-one system suited me fine, but maybe I should look at seperates instead. Aarrrgghhh!!!

Do you think a complete novice like me would have trouble putting a seperates system together? The thing I liked about the DAV-S500/600 package was that it sounded pretty easy to set up - a huge bonus for me (and my wife liked the speakers on the DAV-S600, which believe me makes a difference!!!).

Also, I hadn't thought much about having a built in digital decoder. At the moment I have Sky Digital via sattelite anyway and plan to keep it, so I suppose I don't need to worry about that too much (do I?). Let me know if you hear/read of any 32fx66 reviews - I will keep my eye out too.

4. rowbos

rowbos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Markus,

These are exactly the same kind of issues going through my mind at the moment also!

I am considering the 32fx66 together with possibly the new DAV-S550, which adds more power and a slimmer unit together with DPL-II and support for MP3 etc...

Main reasons for the all-in-one is the look of it, the wife likes that, the reviews that it gets are pretty good, and i am not looking for audiophile sound quality anyway, the reduction in the number of boxes i need to have, the ease of setup etc.

Was originally looking at an integrated TV like the Panasonic TX32PB50 as i already have a DVD player. But i also want to play music on CD, radio, MP3s etcs, and dont really want a music system and a DVD player etc seperately in the lounge.

So all in all i am still considering my options but lean towards the new 550 together with a Sony 100Hz TV.

There is a HIFI and Home Cinema show at Heathrow in September where all the big players will be demo'ing their latest kit so i will probably have a look at everything then and then decide finally!

Steve.