1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX66 Philips 9527C

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ste1010, Feb 4, 2003.

1. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have read numerous threads regarding numerous 32" Widescreen sets, and it seems that all sets have problems.

Basically I am looking for a 32" 100Hz set for about 900 quid

The two sets that seem to fit the bill are the Sony 32FX66 and Philips 9527C, unless someone can recommend otherwise!

From all the threads I've read the Sony is the most popular.

A couple of questions :- I dont like the Glass front on the Sony Stand. Is this still being shipped?

Also It seems that John Lewis is the best bet if I can get a price match. Krish AV have advise me that the Sony is 799 plus 120 for stand. Has anyone seen cheaper. Also would JL deliver to a distance of 80 mls from nearest store. Is the 5 year warranty standard from JL

Thanks in advance

Ste 1010 :suicide:

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    To help you with the stands - the Sony can come with either the glass fronted one as you've seen (KV32FX66TNSU) or an open stand (KV32FX66X30S) which I much prefer

3. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I got a FX66 a couple of weeks ago from JL in Glasgow. I faxed the store a list of retailers to price match and they agreed to match at £894 from Electro Centre in Birmingham. The TV was delivered 2 days after making the sale and JL's 5 year warranty is thrown in. A great looking (JL only ship the open stand) and performing TV imo.

Here's the list of retailers I faxed them. Note the prices may be out of date now.

BOS Electronics, 168 High Street, Ruislip HA4 8LJ , Middlesex , United Kingdom. Telephone: (0)1895 636638. Price is £879 including VAT (unsure about delivery)

Electro Centre Ltd, 259-261 Soho Road, Handsworth, Birmingham B21 9RY. Telephone: 0870 7547070. Price is £894 including VAT and delivery

RGB Direct Hifi & Video, 203 Illford Lane, Illford, Essex, IG1 2RU. Telephone: 020 8553 1708. Price is £949 including VAT and Delivery

Krish Audio Visual , 488-490 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, London W4 5TT. Telephone 0208 742 2200. Price is £799 + £100 for stand + £50 delivery

4. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks

I have just spoken to John Lewis Newcastle.

They are checking a price match against ElectroCentre (£849 inc del). If they can match it I might order it. Also JL offer a 5 year warranty.

Can anyone give me any reasons NOT to go with the Sony.

Thanks

Ste1010

5. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some users report a buzzing noise from the Sony - but it seems a bit objective - some people only hear it when they mute the volume and get their heads right behind the set. Others say it can be heard all the time. I'm still planning on getting a 32FX66 from JL next week though!

6. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have measured the corner where the TV is going to sit and the 32" Sony is just too big. I am therefore going to get a KV28FX66.

Electro Centre have confirmed they have them for £699 plus 45 delivery. John Lewis will match this so I just need to ring back to order which I will do this afty.

Can all the praise for the 32FX66 I have heard be carried to the 28FX66, or is it a different kettle of fish.

Thanks to all who advised me, especially bobones for the list of places to price match against:smashin:

7. Zarch

Zarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    I was in the same boat with a 32" tv in the corner i wanted it.

But i found that the LS35 and LS60 models have a slightly smaller cabinet with them.

The cab is a few inches narrower than the tv.

Dont know if this helps at all. It did for me!

8. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have had the Philips 9527 and thought it was a shocker of a set so I sent it back (how it got euro tv of the year i'll never know....plenty brown envelopes me thinks!!:) ) I then bought the 32fx66 and there is no comparison ....Men against boys... I just wish I hadv'e gone with my head and bought Sony as i always have done and saved myself loads of grief with the Philips. Serves me right for fancying a change!:( Never again tho';)