1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX66 or FQ80

Discussion in 'TVs' started by MarcusH, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MarcusH

MarcusH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have read many posts recommending the FX66 for picture quality etc. Am slightly confused because the FQ80 is more expensive and has more features. But i cant find any new posts recommending the FQ80 recently.

Would owning an FQ80 be worth the extra money, or is the FQ80 plagued with any particular problems that might have been fixed for the FX66.

I know this sounds confusing, but this would help greatly in deciding which one to go for.

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    I was in the same boat as you about a week or so ago. In the end I went for the Fx66. So far things are great, DVD plays a treat, just need to do some tweaking to my colour settings as I am am picky on how I have it set. with any tv you are likely to have to set the colour etc yourself but sometime some tv come ok.

Any way the reason why I went for the FX66 is cos I though hard on this matter and though. Do I need a Memory reader the answer is No, Do I need 2 tuner for PIP and again the answer was No. The only thing that would of interest me on the FQ80 is switching for 50 hz to 100 hz but was it really worth £500 extra just for that and the answer was no so i went for the FX66. But if you are wanting the memory reader and 2 tuner then it maybe worth your while.

3. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i thought the SonyKV32FX66 was 100Hz.
    Is it not?

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Yes the FX66 is 100 digital Plus. and it stays like that

The FQ80 is DRC 100, DRC 50 or Off you get the choice between all three in the menu But the FX66 it stays as it is 100 Digital Plus

5. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    First of all; sorry for my english. Now ad rem:
    Iwas going to write here about my Tv SONY 36 FQ 80 for a long time. Don't have to say how much it coast. The unit I have was produced in Spain. It's very hard to write about technical reason in english for me, but;
    - the geometry is the worst i have ever seen in any TVs sets I had met at any shops. It is so bed that it is NOT possible to correct it in any service mode.
    -- when I turn my TV on I always hear the awful, short noice ( sth. like sudden, loud snore ;-((, which almost always wakes up the rest of my family( almost )
    -- Tv set blocks itself at least 4 times a week. Whay does it mean ?
    I always leave it in " stand by " mode and when I want turn it on after some hours it does nothing ! Then I must turn it off from " stand by " mode, than turn it on again and turn it on using remote control "
    Sb. said that it happens when the " NEXT TV " mode is ON. Could be, don't know yet exactly.
    === Uff ====:confused:
    Pls. do not advice me to turn it back cos i bought it in the other country that i live and the garantee from UE is NOT honored
    :mad: here yet. Stupid but I have to live with it !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I appreciate any replys (also here: ernet@intelink.pl )

6. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ... in opposite side to all I wrote at my previous thread:
    the colours on the screen are really the best amoung the others TV sets I looked at :) . But is it enought to life with FQ 80 in peace ??

Greetings for all you guys here,

Ernet

7. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The FQ80 also has 4 scarts (two RGB) as opposed to the FX66's 3 scarts

ernet - Have you ever been in Fawlty Towers??[​IMG]

8. mh66639

mh66639