1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX66 - buzzing problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Mr Chuffy, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Mr Chuffy

Mr Chuffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone who has had this problem managed to get hold of a set that doesn't buzz? UI've read all the threads relating to this buzzing issue and can't find anyone who has managed to get it resolved.
    I just bought my tv from webelectricals (good service) and am extremely happy with the telly except for the buzzing, which is more of an irritation than a big problem. However I'm damned if I'm spending nearly £1000 on something to have to put up with a querk like that. I don't want any other set, and currently webelectricals are sending a replacement (within next 10 days). However I've got to say I'm not convinced that this will sort it after reading other peoples posts!

Anyone out there with a non-buzzing KV32FX66>???

2. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    To put you mind at slight ease, my first FS76 didn't buzz, but second did...so there is hope that not ALL Sonys do this.

BTW I hear that this is a bad thing that it buzzes, power supply not done properly

Matt.

3. jcan

jcan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buzzes here - can hear it from about 8 ft away when sound low, but not too low. V.annoying for a £1000+ set.

4. timswf

timswf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi.. good timing on your post... the saga of my buzzing sony kv32ls60 moved on today.. with john lewis delivering the replacement... and the buzzing on this one is worse... so it'll be going back..

Maybe Sony's aren't for me after all.. er.. any silent gems anyone can recommend?

Rgds

Tim

AV Forums > AV Hardware > Televisions, TV/VCR and TV/DVD combis - CRT both direct view and rear projection > 100hz buzz.. sony kv32ls60

5. kennrc

kennrc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my KV32FX66 for 3 months now. It has never made any kind of buzzing sound. So it is apparently possible to get "lucky".

6. Mr Chuffy

Mr Chuffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback. It seems there is some hope after all then!
    BTW as regards the geometry problem that others have mentioned I have found a slight bend downwards on this set in the top right hand corner but it is less than significant and for 99% of the time I can't tell.
    My opinion of this set is generally very high. I would still recommend it even with the buzz. More reviews in popular mags would be nice though to get an idea of what the "professionals" think!

7. bruno_scalera

bruno_scalera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MY set does not buzz at all, can only hear a minor buzz when i litteraly put my head against the back of the tv with mute on!

But mine suffers from the horizontal bowing effect at the top and bottom of the screen, which i've been unable to fix in the service menu. See my other post " 32fx66 - Geometry Query"

8. Mr Chuffy

Mr Chuffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my second set delivered yesterday.. Guess what..still buzzes. Also I've noticed another problem now which is that on pure white backgrounds the colour seems "dirty" on the far left hand side of the screen. Its not pure white all across. ANNOYING!!!! I never noticed this on my last set!
    Looks like I'm gonna have to order another replacement.

9. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...No buzz on mine. Had the TV a few weeks now.

10. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    my LS60 buzzes as soon as it's switched on but goes away after about 5 mins.