1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony kv32fx65

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sparkrite, Mar 27, 2001.

1. sparkrite

sparkrite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have finally decided (i think!!) to buy one of these .Any owners with tales to tell (good or bad) i would be glad to hear them

2. TPO

TPO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these ...originally went to buy the 32FX60 and ended up buying the 65!
    I am very happy with it, running a Sony 735 DVD with it and picture quality is second to none, gave a friend a demo... he wasn't too sure about 100Hz and it blew him away!!

3. sparkrite

sparkrite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just taken delivery of the tv.the picture quality is indeed superb

4. sparkrite

sparkrite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no problems as yet (only had it about a week!!)The stand is a pain as you can't get much kit on the shelf,certainly its not designed for a centr speaker to fit in, so iv"e had to buy a new stand and alter all my gear around,still,the crisp picture is worth it.I've got the 100 Hz version (does it come in 50 Hz?)and have no trouble with smearing/shadows/artifacts etc even on sky sports (digibox). Hope this helps

5. M.Joshi

M.Joshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing the KV-32FX65.

Have you encountered any problems (Other than the awkward stand!)?

What is the 100Hz mode like?

6. Alan Soutar

Alan Soutar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too am thinking of buying one of these TV's after MUCH deliberation but one question for anyone out there is which online store would you buy it from ?

I have looked at www.empiredirect.com which are selling it for approx £1208 + del? however I have seen www.premieravcentre.co.uk selling it for £899 + del? without the stand (Which I could live without)
    This all sounds too good to be true & after visiting www.electrocentre.com for the same TV it struck me that they might have been selling the european version to me, as this site has it for £850 without the stand. Anyone agree that this is the most likely reason why it is so cheap & is the european version inferior to the UK one ? Any feedback would be most welcome. I will of course ring them up to see what the score is.

Hmmm...I've still got the DVD, speakers & amp to sort out now ;)

7. sparkrite

sparkrite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got mine from PRC (advert in mag),so not exactly online but they did it for 1198+del and it was with me (s.wales) within three days.Ihad originally ordered from empiredirect online but when i rang them to confirm a delivery date they quoted me 7 weeks!! hope this helps

8. RAC

RAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a KV-32FX65 last night from a dealer in Brussels (where I live) and got a Tosh SD200E at the same time. OK, just a few hours of watching down the road, but the picture seems exemplary, after you've fiddled round with the filtering options which make quite a bit of difference. As for the questions whether or not the European version is inferior to the UK one, I can only suggest back to you that that is very "British" thinking, and I'm not being offensive. From reading the manual (and my French/ Dutch/ German isn't superb! ;) ), it will happily decode PAL-I (UK standard) as well as PAL-G/H used in the rest of the world. I did see that Techtronics were selling this unit for £850, plus throwing in a decent set of Sony headphones (last week they were worth £160, but now they seem to be worth £200 - umm) and 3 decent DVD titles. Of course, if you buy a DVD or some such at the same time, you get another 5% discount. As for the TV, a great buy, although it's a shame that the matching stand has got that silly glass cover which prohibits the use of a centre speaker underneath, and I wouldn't contemplate putting one on top. HTH. :cool:

9. RAC

RAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops - that's £850 + VAT (£998.75) from Techtronics.

10. Alan Soutar

Alan Soutar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally bought the KV32FX65 from techtronics for £998.75 & is an excellent TV. Got the DVD's free & headphones like they say, but the only drawback was no instructions or remote..lol.. A quick call has put that right & they should be with me tomorrow with an apology (but don't be put off from buying from them)

Here's to many enjoyable hours of viewing :)

11. TonyRoss

TonyRoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got KV28fx65 through lets buy it.com for £799.00. Gives an exceptional picture. Only slight problem was that the overscan was not set up properly for NTSC region 1 DVD's and produced a thin blue line at the top of the screen. Engineer called and fixed it. No problems and one very happy bunny.