1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX65 Scart and Geometry Queries

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by tedforbes, May 17, 2002.

1. tedforbes

tedforbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Sony KV32FX65 and it is basically great. I have one query and one problem. can anyone help?

Query: The set has only one RGB Scart. My dealer wasn't sure of what to connect to it, the DVD or the Sky Box. He went for the Sky box in the end, with the DVD attached to AV2. Is this the most sensible thing to do?

Problem: the geometry is a bit out towards the sides. It shows up most when the set switches to a non-widescreen setting. Streight lines at the edge of the picture appear slightly curved, and the top of the picture seems squeezed in a little, with both top areas sloping inwards a little. Previous posts suggest that the service menu can sort this. I'll get the service engineers to try it if this is the case, but can this be sorted out?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ted

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on whether you want the best pictures from Sky or from the DVD... Personally, I would pop down to Argos and get a Scart switcher - plug both scarts into that and then plug the box into the RGB ... then you'll get both in RGB!

Almost certainly. The top area sloping inwards sounds like the trapezoid (or horizontal tilt) function would sort that. The sides being curved would be sorted by the horizontal pin cushion function (and possibly also the upper and lower corner functions).