1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX65 Colour patch

Discussion in 'TVs' started by icap55, Jun 17, 2003.

1. icap55

icap55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    18 months ago i bought a Sony 32" 100 hz TV, (KV32FX65)
    After 4 months a purple haze apeared on the bottom right of the screen (more prominent on Yellow / Orange images). sent it back to Mastercare who degaussed it and checked the purity, but couldnt find a fault, sent it back 2 weeks later and the haze is still there. i am told that it is due to Magnetic fields around the house.
    I move the tv around in different angles and rooms but the haze stays in the same place.
    Has anyone else had this problem? especially with this model?
    My old tv was a Phillips matchline 32" 100hz and i had no problems.
    Could it be a shielding fault?
    Also where do you think i stand with regard to getting the set replaced?
    Ian

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got a AV amp & speakers near the TV? Do you unplug the TV every night?

3. icap55

icap55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, i have a home cinema 5.1 system, but i have only had it for about 4 months, the problem stems back way before then.
    I switch the tv off but don't unplug.
    Ian

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Switch the poweroff by the socket every night, because when you do this the next time you switch the TV on it'll degauss. If you leave the set on standby I think they don't degauss.

5. icap55

icap55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Degaussing only temporarily solves the problem, my tv does
    degauss when i switch it on, it even does it when it has been on standby.
    The colour patch is normally worse when the tv has been off over night, when i switch it on the tv makes that noise it makes when it degausses, the patch apears very strong, when i turn the tv off for 30 secs then switch back on it fades, it sometimes clears up, but always comes back within the hour.
    Ian

6. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    The TV is defective I think. This needs to be cured in situ rather than in a workshop. A well-informed/trained engineer can cure this by sticking small permanent magnets to the tube, inside the set.

7. icap55

icap55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.
    Its appreciated.
    Ian

8. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a similar problem on a 28" W/S Thomson, although the colour is green when there are orange/red backgrounds. The fault turns out not to be a magnetic field nearby, (therefore degaussing ineffective), but fault is apparently distortion of the shadow mask caused by excessive beam current. (Told all this by a TV technician). In my case however, the problem comes and goes randomly.