1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FX65 - about to buy...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by groucho, Sep 24, 2001.

1. groucho

groucho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Likely gonna buy one of these babies tomorrow!!

But:

why does the one in the store have a (U) after the model nos, as opposed to the more usual (S)?

is this model switchable between 50/100Hz?

I've already been through 2 PK25s and 1 PK3 from the store and I guess they're growing a mite impatient with my fussiness and the Pannies were terrible for 100Hz artefacting on the footie - to say nothing of the bent verticals, moiring and dark margins!!!!

2. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes these can give very nice pictures indeed but you may still get the bent verticals!!

Regards<br />Mark

3. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sony's are probably better on 100hz, but panasonic are the true masters of 50hz. ive owned both and for games, dvd's and some broadcasts 50hz wins every time. and if you buy import nstc dvd's then they will be displayed in 60hz and will have barely any noticable flicker. but its upto you, if you feel you can live with the horrid processing. to be honest, i sort of regretted changing to 50hz, but then when i went to my freinds house a coupld of days ago i noticed his family had a new 100hz set. suddenly it all came back to me and i realised how bad it really was. the screen is more stable and the colours may be richer in certain areas but thats it. but do what you like man.