1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FQ86U

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Big D, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Big D

Big D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    God where do I start!! Been trying to buy a new TV online from early October. One prob after another with Sony supply.

Got excited when I eventualy recieved Sony KV32FQ86 on the 22/11. Set the stand up. Got the TV positioned ready for the long awaited joy of this praised TV. Yes you guess it - knackered!! :mad: :censored:! No picture/sound just a clinking and a continuous flashing standby light. Could not get in contact with internet company so I decided to take it to my local Sony repair centre (could only do this as I had proof of payment!!). God they make life hard. They said straight forward repair and ordered and replaced PSU today. Guess what - TV still knackered. They are now going to order a "processor controller" - what is this? I have a feeling they really don't know what the prob actually is?

Anybody with same model experiencing the same prob. If so, how was it fixed?

If I have got a lemon trust me Sony will have a fight on their hand :devil:

2. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Who have you taken the TV to? Sony have different levels of repair company.

3. Big D

Big D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thru' their website. Typed in my post code and it displayed contacts for local approved sony repair agents. They are not a Sony centre. How do you know what agent has what level?

4. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    had the same problem with my second set.... dealer is local so replaced no problem... thankfully..

5. Big D

Big D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eventually got new replacement .... very pleased with new it...good quality for good value.. would recommend!!