1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FQ82 RGB Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Limitbreaker, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Limitbreaker

Limitbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought my KV32FQ86 last week with the latest software upgrade and no problems with on/off switching, time counter or that kind of thing.
    Still I do have a problem when using RGB. I get flickering scrolling horizontal lines, moving fast from top to screen bottom when using a RGB signal, and that is with all my hardware (Digital decoder, PS2, XBOX, Gamecube) that use a RGB signal.
    Now here's the weird part: Sometimes I turn on the set and the lines are fairly visible, but sometimes they are hardly visible or even not visible at all!
    I already tried other scarts (now use Profigolds triple shielded), and also tried to move the hardware, but nothing seems to have any influence.
    There's no problem with sharpness or brightness, and my contrast is turned relatively low.
    The rest of the image is perfect. Very sharp and crisp. But those lines are annoying the crap out of me!
    They are most apparent when there's nothing moving on screen, and with a very dark or very light background.

Does anyone know my problem? And what can I do about it?

Thanx.

2. ventoboy1000

ventoboy1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Limitbereaker,
    I noticed the same thing on my previous 2 FQ86's.
    It seemed to be the processing on the TV which was causing this problem.
    Both my sets went back due to the "Old" software problems.
    I now have the KD32dx200 and haven't noticed any problems with the picture.
    Hope this helps !

3. Movisman

Movisman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi there,

I have also just recently acquired the KV-32FQ86, but I haven't seen or noticed the problems you describe above yet.

I'm running a Sony Freeview Receiver, Sony DVD player and Sony Video Recorder all through RGB, but i'll keep an eye on it and post here if I see any strange goings-on...! I've only had the set for a matter of days.

My software revision is the latest one (I insisted that my retailer take it out of the box and check in the service menu before I purchased it - after reading the horror stories with the earlier software revisions!)
    I also checked it myself in the service menu yesterday and it is indeed the latest software revision.

Seems like a good set so far for me, good geometry and good setup, but we'll have to see I guess!

Cheers
    Morgan

4. Limitbreaker

Limitbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My software version is also the latest one (11,48?), and the set has been in my possesion for a week now.
    And to make things worse, I now have a completely new problem which just came out of the blue this night.
    The Left 1/5 of the screen ain't straight anymore, but is now best described as waved. Logo's are now waved, and the screen is really out of alignment at the left side. It's like something moved inside the set and pulled a few parts of the screen slightly, so now it looks like you're watching through a waved bathroom door. First I thought it may be my speakersets being to close to the set, but I don't think that could cause this kind of problem. And besides, there are no visible color problems.

I really like this set for it's appearance and it's a glory to watch at, but it is without a doubt the most dissapointing piece of equipment I ever bought.
    Never have I had a set which developed this many problems in just one week, with 59 hours on the timer. The only time it ran perfectly were the first three days. After that it went from heaven to hell!

So, no matter what software upgrade your set has, be aware that this set is still nowhere near free of it's diseases.

I called my supplier, and they are sending a mechanic, and if he can't fix the set on te spot, they'll replace it with a new one. Now let's hope that one is any good, or I'll have to consider another brand.