1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FQ80S or Philips 32PW9617C

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Filter2000, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Filter2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Sony KV32FQ80S or Philips 32PW9617C

well im after upgrading my jvc 28 inch widescreen to a better T.v for my home cinema setup, i need 4 scarts 2 of which must be RGB compatible. I will be running a Pionner 626 dvd, panasonic dmr-E30, Sky Digital and X-Box.

which is the best tv out of the 2 and are there any known problems?
  2. rct

May 16, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    South Wales, UK
    Well, as I'm sure you'll have guessed from my posts, I'm a happy 32PW9617 owner. The set does have its quirks but the only bad "features" you are guaranteed to get are:

Slight "halos" around fast moving objects in front of complicated backgrounds.

Slight pixellation in complicated fast pans from a highly compressed digital source.

The other problems you'll find written about in here are luck of the draw as to whether your set will suffer from (if at all). The depth and definition given by Pixel+ are truly unsurpassed in non-HDTV sets. I personally think it looks amazing, whereas others don't like the "3-D look" it creates.

As I've mentioned before, the integrated Dolby Digital is rather good (especially for my limited budget!). To see all known problems, search for 9617 and 9607 in the forums.

Obviously, you should demo both the TVs and ultimately it's only you who can decide which is preferable, but if I was buying today, I know I'd make the same choice again.

Good luck on your quest ;)