1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FQ75

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roemichael, Feb 12, 2002.

1. roemichael

roemichael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know - is there a difference between the KV32FQ75U (as it's referred to in these discussion boards) and the KV32FQ75S (which is what I see everywhere else)?

I was just wondering whether the latter might be an updated model, in view of the many problems reported about the former. Probaly wishful thinking I know, but I don't really want to stump up an extra £200 for KD32DX100 without good reason...

2. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    If I remember correctly it is to do with the type of stand you get with the TV.

But so yourself a favour and don't buy this set, see the other posts about the problems with it.

I for one will not be buying Sony again due to the very bad customer care I received when problems arose.

Be Warned.

Regards

3. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The "U" is for UK market. Can't remember which country "S" is for.

Don't think it a replacement.

Try calling Sony's Customer Service Centre and let us know the answer.

As far as I know (from Sony UK's letter to me last week, the scrolling bar problem is still a "mystery" to Sony after all these months. So they would be foolish to update the FQ without knowing the cure for the problem on the existing sets. Don't forget Sony sets do come with "extra features" they don't mention as you can see from the various threads in the forum !!!!

4. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    second thought, "s" for "seconds" !!!!! Quite appropriate for the current Sony's quality control.

Some will take "S" as s##t !!!! after having a few replacement sets !

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    DX100 has got a DVB-T tuner - thats a good reason!

6. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just phoned Sony's Customer Service/Information Centre to ask what the "S" after the model number (as on their Summer brochure), they confirm it stands for stand and there is not different from "u" ones.

Still it's more appropriate for "Seconds" with the problems many of us have experienced!!!

7. roemichael

roemichael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the replies. It seems to me you take a risk whatever TV you get! Regardless, I am convinced that the KD32DX100U carries the smaller of the two. That is unless any of you know a better set for the money...

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    roemichael, just wanted to point out that the DX100 is a very good set indeed, but like ALL Sony sets you've got to be sure that its not second hand (ie brown tape, finger prints on screen etc). I was sold a used DX100. I trying to getting a NEW replacement at the moment.

J