Sony KV32FQ75 - Sony UK's MD name & address to complain

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by fwan, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Join the Sony Owners National Yelling Club (any other suggestions ??)

We have been moaning in this forum for some time about the FQ/FS scrolling bar problem and SOny's unsatisfactory/unprofessional response to complaints. We, Brtish, are just too gentlmenly and not like the Americans, when we have reason for complaints. We just moan to each other and manufacturers/supplers simply have an easy time and get away with their problems after taking our ££££ !!!

It's about time we (Sony owners and ex-owners) write to Sony UK's Managing Director to express our disappointment and annoyance with the way his technical and helpline people are dealing with this design flaws problem. With enough letters, hopefully he will get up and kick a few arses and take up this issue personally.

Please spend a few minutes and 27p in postage (minuscule compared to the amount we paid for the set !!) and join me in writing to :

Mr Steve Dowdle
    Managing Director
    Sony UK Limited
    The Heights
    Brooklands
    Weybridge
    Surrey KT13 0XW

Please mark the envelope "Strictly Private & Confidential" to ensure that the letter gets to his desk and not opened by some gits in enquiries.

Some of us have also emailed magazines. Please do this as well this weekend.

1. Home Cinema Choice [email protected]

2. Home Entertainment [email protected]

3. What Video & TV [email protected] (Require yr postal address on email)

4. What Hifi [email protected]

DO NOT LET SONY GET AWAY WITH IT !!!!

Thanks

fwan

2. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sent mine this morning!!!!

4. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Bluestu

5. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fwan,

I e-mailed the magazines last week, but no response yet. I will write a letter over the next day or so!

6. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,146
    good idea fwan

especially the magazines - they need to know about this. i have read numerous good reviews on the FQ75, and i hate to think how many people will have been landed in the same boat, with a faulty tv, because of those good reviews.

I dont actually own a 32" tv yet, but i certianly wont be going for the FQ75. The only thing which would change my mind, would be an official statement from Sony acknowledging the problem, and that all 'new' stock had the problem(s) corrected.

Dean

7. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave

Much appreciated for yr effort.

Me too, no reponse from any so far. With enough emails on the same subject they can't just ignore the issue.Or hav

Or has SOny UK "gagged" them as well on the problem ?? Have you seen any article on this scrolling issue in the mags ????

Lets see.

8. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also emailed Consumers Association's Which ? magazine about the scrolling bar problem as they have recommended the KV32FQ75 set in their August issue.

The link is below if any one wishes to email them too but you need to be a member as it asks for your membership no.

http://www.which.net/help/customer_service/supportform.html

Lets see if they respond.

9. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a reply from the M.D. Surprised I got such a swift respond. A copy is attached.

But don't get too excited. It's the usual "don't call us we will call you" type of reply !

He didn't even sign the letter himself !!!

From the letterhead you will also see that Sony UK got a Royal Warrant from HM Prince of Wales for the supplying of consumer electronic products. How the hell they got this award with their sloppy customer service, I don't know !!!!

If I get any further reply I will post it to this thread.

Anyone else got a response ??

Attached Files:

10. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great that you have at least had a reply! I haven't had time to write letter to the MD but I am still waiting for a reply from the magazines (not impressed!)

Keep us informed of any further replies from Sony!

I have another problem with sony! It was early December when they decided to give me a new set due to my problems (focus, moving bars and buzzing) but I don't yet have a delivery date yet! I am getting a bit sick of waiting and I am seriously thinking of giving up the ghost! Problem is which set to go for!

11. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave

I know how you feel. Hang on to FQ until problem solved or replace it with something else ?? Don't know what made to replace it with ??? Other makes have problems too. Like tthe Loewe but don't like the prices !!!

When you do get your replacement FQ, make sure it is brand new and not one of those returned sets that are being re-circulated amongst the dealers/customers. If it is not new, then it must have some problems.

12. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

Very surprised with the swiftness of a second reply from Sony UK. Before, they either ignore my emails or take weeks to give acknowledgement reply. I think by my writing to the MD, a few arses have been kicked as I suggested to him. I also threatened him to give Sony UK some free media coverage if they still continued to ignore this widespread problem.

Well, at last Sony's UK has acknowledged the scrolling bar problem with FQ (also FS?) sets but only refers to "a few enquiries from service agents" on this issue.They are still not admitting there is a design flaw with these sets..

I suppose it's a positive move from them at long last after messing customers, dealers and service engineers around for months.

A copy of the letter is attached for your reading. Will post any further replies as and when received.

Attached Files:

13. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fwan

OK I've joined the Sony Owners National Yelling club [do we get a badge?!] and written to the MD as well.

At least you've had some sort of positive response from him. Having worked at board level in an international company, I know from personal experience that it is always best to go to the top with your complaints - things DO get done that way. Even if it's only the MD shouting to people below him that he shouldn't be having his time wasted with all these complaints and why aren't his managers doing something about it? I'm hopeful of some sort of explanation by Sony, if nothing else. My guess would be that they are fully aware of the problem, but cannot publically admit to it without it costing them a fortune in recalls of current stock from their resellers, if they don't yet have a solution for it. On the other hand, if it is simply a matter of the software/chip being used - as someone else suggested on this forum - they should be able to change these.

Carol

14. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody......sent my letter straight away and still no acknoledgement!!!!!

15. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only response from magazines was from Home Ent. after I sent a chaser. Nothing in it really

Unfortunately we do not answer queries via email or letter. We get around 1,000 a week, and do not have the resources!

However, we do publish around 20 a month, so look out for the mag to see if yours makes it in.

Unquote

16. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Carol

Thanks for writing to SUK's MD. Keep the pressure on !

Yeah, you do get a Club's badge (done by my kid) !!! Yours is attached !!!

From experience, I do find complaints eventually dealt with if you write to the top and normally do this after 2 unsuccessful attempts. Unfortunately, very often top management does not want to listen to customers once they think they have customers' loyalty. Classic example of recent is M & S - didn't want to take credit card, charge ridiculous prices, out of touch with customers' demands etc. They just forgot that customers have a choice ! I am sure Sony has lost a bit of sales (eg like from yourself) on their FQ & FS sets for not coming clean with the problem. If you have read my other posts, I mentioned how Toyota GB approached the recall of my car. By pleasing customers in such an amazing way, I am sure owners have given them good publicity. I have "sold" two Yaris's for them after my recommendations to two friends on their unbeateable customer service from Toyota GB and their dealers.

We will have wait to see how Sony is going to resolve this scrolling problem.

Attached Files:

17. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any reply yet ? I would send a reminder to the MD this week. Make sure you marked it "Strictly Private & Confidential". Keep the pressure up !

fwan

18. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Another positive step forward - got a reply from Editorial of What Video and TV magazine !!!

They have taken up the matter with Sony UK !! Very encouraging !!

We have contacted Sony and are waiting for an offical response. When we have news we will post it on the website (www.whatvideotv.com)

Unquote

Dave, our efforts (writing to mags) are not in vain. I know there are a number of us have emailed them. Thank you.

Cheers

fwan :)

19. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At Last! I haven't had a reply from the magazine, but hopefully the number of e-mails they have received has encouraged them to take some action. However, I feel that sony will probably just give them the same old response, "not a known problem, blah,blah blah...":mad:

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

20. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  21. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being the trusting guys (and gals) we are we would have hoped for Sony to give a truthful response. What we got in the end was what we all knew we would in our hearts!!!

BULLS**T

It is pretty obvious to even a monkey that all of the sets are affected and the "other" people who have not complained are simply a little less critical or just don't notice it because this sort of thing doesn't interest or annoy them.

We all know Sony are scratching around trying to find a solution to this fault so...... if there is no fault then why are they even looking..

What about all the engineers that have confirmed the fault and don't even bother to take the backs of the TV's anymore.

Perhaps one of you should think about suing Sony for causing unecessary stress and loss of quality of life. I don;t have one of these TV's but am about to receive a 36FS70 and am dreading anything being wrong with it.

I ordered mine from John Lewis and am in the middle of a 5 week wait for delivery. It makes me wonder if John Lewis have cottoned on to this and are insisting on "New" "new" stock only - hense the wait.??? Who knows...... more to the point WHO CARES!!!! We just want TV's that work for our £1500 (or in my case £1800) Not too much to ask is it?

22. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have also sent an e-mail back to "What Video and TV Magazine" asking them to keep the rpessure up with sony:

Dear xxxxxx.

As you may know there are a large number of people very unhappy with the problems they are having with the Sony FQ75 (and now apparently the 36FS70) televisions. We really did appreciate your contacting Sony on our behalf's and were eagerly awaiting their response.

I can only say that the response from Sony is very misleading and does nothing to address the issue whatsoever.

Sony ARE aware of this fault and the Heathrow service centre is definitely aware of it.
    Many owners have had 3 or 4 of the televisions from their original dealers and all have displayed the fault and this has been confirmed by numerous engineer visits.
    It now appears that a few people are experiencing the fault with the 36FS70

Please, on behalf of the dozens of owners who feel they are being fobbed off by Sony, can you follow up on this further. Sony seem to have a total disregard for all the stress and loss of enjoyment this problem is causing its customers. It is also causing and costing the dealers a similar level of grief. Simply having 3 replacement TV's delivered is a logistical nightmare and means that these hardworking people have had to spend may a day either "working from home" or "being off sick" or wasting their evenings waiting for TV deliveries.

23. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul

Well done ! I will also email them later.

Cheers

fwan

24. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

So that we all sing from the same hymn sheet; let's close off this thread and put all our thoughts into the thread:

"Sony TV Scrolling Bar Problem - Official Response from SOny UK at last !!!".

25. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea, Paul

New readers please refer to my other thread

"Sony TV Scrolling Bar Problem - Official Response from SOny UK at last !!!".

Cheers

fwan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.