1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FQ75 Scrolling bars!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BitchMonkey, Nov 27, 2003.

1. BitchMonkey

BitchMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but i have a few questions about the probllem.

Firstly on my set on the AV channels I see blue bars going from top to bottom moving accross the screen from left to right. Is this the S/B problem?

I also have a kind of ghosting of other channels moving from right to left! Is this the S/B problem?

I bought this TV a few years ago now and I am sure it didnt have the problem to start with. I have a five year warrenty with domestic and general. When I noticed this problem I called them up and arranged to have and engineer come out and have a look.

Unfortunatly I was at work when the engineer came out but my dad showed him to the TV. Apparently he fixed it and it did seem much better. I do however think that he just turned the contrast down.

Since then I have tried to ignore the problem but I am so ****** off now because it is so prominent especially when using my xbox.
    Do you think my best course of action would be to go back to Domestic and General and get them to have another look, or should I go to Sony, bearing in mind I have had the TV for about 3yrs.

Did anyone ever actually get this problem sorted?

Again sorry for bringing this topic up again!

Cheers
    BM

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    look at panasonic but if I was you I would consider 50hz from the outset.

gbmitie

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  4. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo there,

You are indeed suffering from the infamous scrolling bands problem. Once you see it you will always see it. The problem you're seeing on Terrestrial TV isn't the problem though, it only happens on AV inputs.

It will be most noticable on xbox or Ps2 or Dark scenes in dvd playback.

It won't go away either m8y, I had the same TV, engineers came out and fitted new scart boards, put tape around it to stop any interference but nothing worked.

In the end Sony swapped it for a NX200.

Unfortunately while that cured the problem in RGB that model had it in Svideo inputs, so it went back as well.

Davey