1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32FQ75 - help please with screen curving

Discussion in 'TVs' started by disney_cjd, Jul 8, 2002.

1. disney_cjd

disney_cjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All

This is my first post, and I appreciate any help you can give. I have a 32inch FQ75 which I must admit I love. However, I have noticed that when it is in "wide" mode, the top left black line is thicker on the left than the right, meaning the picture has dropped a little on one side. There is no drop when the picture fills the screen (i.e. on BBC via Sky).

Is there a fault with my set or is this just something with widescreen tv's?

Thanks in advance.
    Craig

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean that the picture is tilted (rotated)? If so, there should be a tilt correction function in the user menu.

3. disney_cjd

disney_cjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, its a bit hard to described. I looked at the rotation option, but this does not really help as the picture has dropped only on the left. The right side is fine. Any thing else I could try, or is the TV faulty??

Thanks for your help.

C

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it curves down a tiny fraction on the left hand side then that's probably "within spec", but I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting it exchanged (or tweaked by an engineer, if possible) if it was bothering you. It sounds like a small geometry problem, but geometry is never 100% perfect anyway and if you get another set that problem might be gone, but there would be another geometry problem to replace it.. It's all down to whether this is a minor or a major geometry error.

Having said that, I'm trying hard to imagine exactly what you're trying to describe but I'm not entirely sure I've understood though!

5. disney_cjd

disney_cjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I will try and explain it a little better :) If you look at a widescreen broadcast that has black borders top and bottom, the top left border is a little larger than the right. If you look at the screen there is a small curve running across the top. I think you hit it on the head last time with your description.

I shall call the shop and see what they say. They shop is in Bolton, I am in Kent so hopefully they will come down!

Thanks for your prompt and knowledgeable responses.

Craig

6. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the same problem with my 32-FQ75. You can hardly see it on normal television but put the teletext on screen and the left side of the page can be seen "drooping" down with all horizontal lines bent. Clearly it is a geomatry problem but does anyone know if it can be corrected in the service menu? :(