1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32DS65 - Dolby Pro Logic sound problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nigelp, Aug 29, 2001.

1. nigelp

nigelp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Sony Wega KV32DS65 which has built in Dolby Surround, and a Pioneer 626D region hacked player from Techtronics.

If I play back a region 1 disk the TV constantly switches between Dolby Surround mode and Stereo mode with a short burst of static,<br />about every 5 to 10 seconds. The disks I have tried have shown no problems before.

If I disable Dolby Surround on the set then the sound keeps switching on and off. The disk doesn't even have to be playing - as long as the<br />player has "switched to NTSC mode" I get this problem. PAL disks work fine!

Sometimes during the switching I hear bursts of the previous channel I was on coming through as well.

I have tried swapping scart leads, and connecting to AV1, AV2 and AV4 on the back of the set, but it makes no difference. The whole set up<br />has been working fine since I got the set about 6 months ago, until now.

I have tried a friends DVD player, also region modded - an LG 3350E - with the set but the same thing happens, so it must be the TV.

Interestingly, I can record the DVD output to my video, and the video playback causes the set to do the same thing (even though the picture<br />is ok). The switching doesn't always happen at the same point on the tape.

I have just discovered that if I change the player output from NTSC to PAL60 for NTSC DVDs, then that seems to get round the problem.

Has anyone seen a similar problem to this before?

Cheers

Nigel Parsons