1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Kv32ds60 Rgb Lines At Top Of Screen?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jimcolyer, Sep 18, 2002.

1. jimcolyer

Standard Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    South UK
    I have the Sony KV32DS60U IDTV, and a couple of days ago I have noticed some VERY thin Red Green and Blue lines at the top section of the screen. The actual section of screen affected is approximately 2 inches at the top.

The lines are literally 1 or 2mm thick, and run across the top, spac ed about 5mm apart on the left of the screen, and meet at the right side, therefore they are slightly sloping upwards to the right.

They are only visable against a dark background, and occasionally do move VERY slightly. The sets of blue lines are almost completely off the top of the screen, but you can occasioanlly see them when changing channels etc.

The rest of the actual picture is 100percent perfect, and these thin lines only appear OVER the perfect picture, they do not disturb it at all.

My thoughts maybe were the guns were not aligned properly, and didnt know if it could be sorted through the `service menu` - anyone help on this fault??????

A bit annyoing really, but probably a very simple fault to fix....???

Any help VERY gratefully recieved, as we have a new baby and cant really afford a repair mans charges, especially if it is a `software menu problem!`.