1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV32CS70: Anyone got one? Any Good?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Paul Cooksley, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hello there

This is my first ever posting, so apologies if this has been covered before - but I've had a look and can't see too much info (apart from an early RGB green tint problem which I trust by now has been rectified)

I have just ordered a Sony KV32CS70u which I understand replaces the KV32FX68. I don't get this set until the first week of December as the shop is awaiting stock....

Does anyone have one of these sets (CS70?) and if so, what do you think? It looked quite impressive in the showroom. I have also ordered a Sony Surround Sound system (SB DAV100) to go with the set. I haven't really heard how this sounds, so hope I won't be disappointed.

I was a little wary of going for a 100hz set as I have heard about the downfalls of these (ie pixallation and smears on fast moving text/images) but the showroom model did seem one of the better tv's for displaying 100hz pictures (to my completely untrained eye of course!)

Any opinions/reviews would be really really appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

2. mburhan

mburhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,

I posted a query for the 28 inch version of the CS70 some time ago and didn't got only one reply.

Anyways, I went ahead and ordered one. It arrived this Saturday, and unfortunately was damaged :mad: - the casing is "warped" and coming off the bottom of the screen.

I ordered it from Currys and I think it must have been kept in the cold for too long for this to happen.

After much hassle have finally got them to send an engineer to verify the fault and order a replacement - so in short I wouldn't recommend them!

Anyways the Tele. itself is very good - apart from the damage that is :thumbsup:

A good feature I found was the ability to change the screen mode between 4:3 - 14:9 - Widescreen at the click of a single button. It also has a SMART mode which detects the transmission format and then changes mode automatically. The audio quality is also quite good. So on the DAVSB100 should be even better :smashin:

Will try the DVD player today and see how that shapes out.

MBurhan