Sony KV28LS60U Screen Fault

C

cottonandguns

I Purchased the Sony KV28LS60U around nine months ago, and thus far it has proven to be an excellent unit, though a slight but significant fault has arisen. There is a thin section of the screen that is noticeably lighter than the rest, it is about 1/3 of an inch wide and runs along the far right hand side of the screen all the way from top to bottom. At first I thought this was magnet related damage from the right hand speakers, but this model does allow you to rotate the picture, and when you do this, the distortion moves with the picture leading me to believe that the fault is due to a processor within the unit rather than the screen itself. I am close to calling in an approved Sony repair agent unless anyone has any other advice or suggestions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Benny.

robertshadow

Standard Member
hi i was just reading an old avforum question in which you had i problem with a sony tv model kv-28ls60u.the problem was a thin section of screen on right side was lighter in colour than rest with 1/3 of an inch wide running along right side edge of screen . i have just brought same model on ebay and it has same fault.i was wondering what the out come was.can it be adjusted in service menu or a sony repair.i would be very grateful for a reply as you seem to be the only one who has raised this problem. i hope you can help .thanks

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You're replying to a 7yr old post and it looks as though the poster is no longer a member.
Also it is not a good idea to post an email address on a public forum, I'd advise you to hit the EDIT button and remove it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom