Sony KV28LS60

M

MaxRelax

Hi

After much research, and having read the broad scope of advice and information presented on this website, I finally purchased a Sony KV28LS60 last week.

A quick review for those that are interested:

To begin with you have to construct the stand. This is a very solid well designed stand, which should take you less than an hour to put together, comes with full photo instructions, and all you need is a screwdriver.

The TV is too heavy to lift out of the box, so you have to cut the front section of the box out, and slide the TV out.

It's a big TV, approx 50kg, and you will probably need help lifting it onto the stand. Sony have even stuck a diagram, showing how two people should lift the TV, to the TV.

Plugged my Pace Digibox, with Telewest, and my Playstation 2 in the back, switched it on....

Good picture at first, but after 5 mins of tinkering with the contrast and sharpness, with the on screen menu, got it just right, and now a fantastic picture. Everybody has different visual acuity, and you have the ability to really tweak the TV to your exact requirements, this also applies to the audio as well.

What I found important is the quality of the channel/programme you are watching, the poorer the quality, the more you'll probably notice on this TV. Airwolf on Bravo does not compare to a widescreen movie on BBC1.

Played some DVD's through my PS2, and the picture and sound quality are both amazing, I'm sure a dedicated DVD played would improve on that.

Also played some PS2 games, and they also look and sound great.

And finally some music cd's, which also sounded very good.

Some of the issues raised in other threads:

100hz - once you've tweaked your TV, and you've got a good signal, i.e. digital TV, DVD, the picture quality is excellent.

Horizontal scrolling text - watched a programme with this the other day, and could read it quite easily.

Football - no problem watching the footy.

Overall, the stand looks good, the TV looks even better, the on screen interface is easy to use, and finally the video and audio are impressive.

:)

Cheers Max, reviews like this are a good way for real users to decide which TV will give them good results.

Obviously seeing them for yourself is much better...

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Nice to see yet another member is happy with their LS60 :)

...and it's all down to you, Mr. Squirrel God :D

hi there,

I just got my ls60 and i noticed one thing...when the tv is on..the stand by led is not green..but when its off the led is red...

I thought this was wierd...as on the 32 inch version of this tv the led is green when the tv is on...do i have a faulty led or is this normal on the ls60?

thanks
Alex

Hi

My KV28LS60 is on at the moment, and the LED is not lit.

On stand-by there is a red LED.

I prefer it this way, don't need a bright LED to tell me that my TV is switched on.

Hope that helps.

:)

phew....now i can relax and enjoy my 100% prefect tv :)

Thanks dude :)

Thanks for the review :) I've been considering a 28LS60 - you guys think its worth spending the extra cash for a 28FX65 (£650)?

I still havn't figured out what the LS, FX etc stand for :rolleyes:

no probs.

I really recomend the ls60, like i say, its fantastic, absolutly nothing wrong with it, and prcdirect delivered it the next day i ordered it :)

I think the FX is the older model version of the ls60 aint it? i am not 100% sure about that..i think feature wise they are the same though..just that the ls60 is a newer model

LS and FX just refer to the style of case.

FX and LS are not related models and have many different features, e.g. FX65 has 100Hz digital plus whereas LS60 is just plain 100Hz (which I prefer). Sadly, there have also been reports of the scrolling bar hidden feature on the FX models. Latest FX is the FX66. Latest LS is the LS65.

Sony 28LS60
Sony 28FX65
Sony 28FX66

As mentioned, I don't really understand what the difference is between LS, FX, FQ apart from the look.

The FX66 seems to have replaced the FX65, but I don't see any differences TBH - hell they even look the same. Just a big price difference :)

Originally posted by Squirrel God
LS and FX just refer to the style of case.

FX and LS are not related models and have many different features, e.g. FX65 has 100Hz digital plus whereas LS60 is just plain 100Hz (which I prefer). Sadly, there have also been reports of the scrolling bar hidden feature on the FX models. Latest FX is the FX66. Latest LS is the LS65.

Thanks for clearing that up - you couldn't expand on why you prefer 100hz over 100hz digital plus? Also (ignorance shown) what do ya mean by "reports of the scrolling bar hidden feature" thanks.

Originally posted by Kuni D
you couldn't expand on why you prefer 100hz over 100hz digital plus?
Extra digital processing can introduce various artefacts into the image, especially with lower quality sources like digital TV broadcasts. It also can produce a much "harsher" image which I don't like personally as it seems a more "artificial" and "less natural" image to me.
Originally posted by Kuni D
Also (ignorance shown) what do ya mean by "reports of the scrolling bar hidden feature" thanks.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29182

thanks - do you know if the "scrolling bar" problem's been fixed on the FX66?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom