1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV28LS60 RF interferance problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Greamec, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Greamec

Greamec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is my setup , AV1 = Sky box, AV2 = Xbox, AV3 = VCR, AV4 = Computer via svideo.
    When I plug the RF cable into the television from the normal arial so that I can get local news broadcasts I can watch BBC 1,2 ,ITV Cannel 4 fine but if I switch over to watch sky I can see ghosting on the picture from the RF. unplug the RF and it goes away.
    Could someone help me to resolve this?
    Regards Greame:smoke:

2. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried taking your RF aerial lead from the wall into you Sky box, from Sky box into VCR, from VCR into TV RF socket. This I think is how SKY suggest wiring up the aerial. Then you can watch either SKY, or press TV on SKY remote and watch RF local TV. This might avoid crosstalk.

3. Greamec

Greamec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just gave it a try but it is still ghosting, I just do not get it I did not get this with my old television which was crap compared to this one.
    Greame:thumbsdow

4. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using decent quality, screened SCARTS for your connections?

5. Greamec

Greamec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am not but They all look the same to me how do you tell good from bad. I was just looking on ebay at them but do not know which is best wouldyou have a look and point me in the right direction?
    Cheers Greame

6. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

These are makes to look out for: IXOS. Thor and Monster. Good quality, screened, SCART lead can reduce crossstalk and signal leakage from other leads, and gold-plated connectors can make a tremendous difference to picture quality too.

At the top of this forum page, click on "Search", type SCART leads into the search box, and you'll find numerous threads with reviews and recommendations on which SCART leads are good.

It might be worth unplugging everything, then re-plugging one lead at a time to see if the problem suddenly appears with a particular configuration.

Could this be a problem caused by the AV3 output? Anyone else have any suggestions?

7. Greamec

Greamec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my new scart leads and the problem has gone , well worth the extra cash.
    cheers testcard:clap: