Sony KV28LS35 - live mode is too colourful

B

bjp1979

Hi

I bought a Sony Trinitron television last year (cant remember the model) - it was a black 28" widescreen with pro-logic and 2 speakers. I had been using it with a Toshiba Sd2109 dvd player, and a gold plated scart lead. I was very happy with the picture quality on RGB, but I had some serious technical problems with the TV recently, and took it back to the store a few days ago.

I exchanged that set for a new Sony KV-28LS35U WEGA set, expecting the picture to be even better - but in my opinion, the picture quality doesn't look as good. For example - flesh tones dont seem to be as clear. I'm also disappointed by the "live" mode, which makes the picture appear overly colourful.

Would this be doen to my Toshiba dvd player working better with the old TV? Should I invest in a Sony dvd player? Or is this just me being paranoid?

Also - other people who have this TV - what are your impressions?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Ben

The "Live" mode on my last sony tv worked great, why would they include a live mode on my new set that is overly colourful?

I agree that some may find it too colorful, indeed I, at first, found it a bit much but it now seems 'normal', in fact the 'movie' setting looks too wish washy for me at times.

Down to personal taste I assume.

No doubt Sony have done customer preference trials and found that the overly colorful picture is what people want!

Bit like the way Breweries give us classic continental and American brews made in this country and brewed the way the 'British like 'em'.................. what a load of crap.................if i'm buying a premium continental beer I want continental beer!!!!!!!!!......................sorry I wandered off there...........

AK

I take in what you say, and I *hope* it becomes the norm for me as well. But I do notice that live mode struggles with reds, and when there's bright reds, there appears to be a lot of blooming and colour bleed. Flesh tones sometimes appear to look like somebody has been sat in the sun all day without any tan cream on.

hmmmm.............if the reds are 'bleeding' then maybe there might be something wrong.

I have a KV28FQ75 and there is no noticable bleed in the colours at all!

Skin tones are a bit much at times but 'live' live programmes like the news are perfect.

AK

Live is over bright and is designed to stand out in a showroom

Hi

I bought a Sony Trinitron television last year (cant remember the model) - it was a black 28" widescreen with pro-logic and 2 speakers. I had been using it with a Toshiba Sd2109 dvd player, and a gold plated scart lead. I was very happy with the picture quality on RGB, but I had some serious technical problems with the TV recently, and took it back to the store a few days ago.

I exchanged that set for a new Sony KV-28LS35U WEGA set, expecting the picture to be even better - but in my opinion, the picture quality doesn't look as good. For example - flesh tones dont seem to be as clear. I'm also disappointed by the "live" mode, which makes the picture appear overly colourful.

Would this be doen to my Toshiba dvd player working better with the old TV? Should I invest in a Sony dvd player? Or is this just me being paranoid?

Also - other people who have this TV - what are your impressions?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Ben

I got the same model. I bought the TV a month a go and the background is to red. I think this is a problem. nothing you can solve with the color menu.
am sorry.

Way to go, replying to a post over 5 years old :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom