SONY KV28LS35....any comments?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by scottma, Nov 20, 2002.

1. scottma

scottma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of buying one....any advice appreciated!

Cheers

2. JohnTres

JohnTres
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice TV.
    If you do get one I hope you get a good one (probably applies to most TVs you could go for).
    I've had two bad ones and waiting for the third to try.

John

3. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I'm on my second one in 2 weeks.:( i'm now considering whether to jack it and get a panny or jvc.

erm.....its a great looking tv in real life the sound is very nice with plenty of bass. the picture is a curious beast as i find my self having to constantly change the brightness level for tv, dvd and different aspect ratios, which can get irritating. i'm pretty underwhelmed with the picture myself, but other say its good so it could just be me.

I got mine for £519 from comet direct. i wouldn't pay full sticker price for this tv, though:( it is sonys entry tv and i think it shows, you can get easily equall quality tv from other top manufacturors for about £100 less.

4. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got the KV32LS35 and I'm very happy with it. The geometry wasn't spot on but I accessed the service menu and have managed to adjust it. Now I've got a great picture.

5. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    what were the problems, john?

:)

6. JohnTres

JohnTres
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    weyland-yutani,

First set: purity problems which could not be cured using a degauss 'wand'.
    Second set: purity problem caused by detached shadow mask and also some sort of dry joint which meant that the picture flashed and the set made a loud popping noise every now and again.
    Still trying to sort out the second set - retailer hasn't experienced the problem in the workshop after testing for 4 weeks. However, they are giving me a display model to try and will replace the original one with a new one if the display model is fine (i.e. if they can conclude that it is not a problem with my aerial, electricity supply, etc.)

The LS35 seems ok to me when it's working fine. I couldn't go for the LS60 'cos I have a Pioneer 545 DVD player and didn't want to change it.
    I had a couple of JVC AV28R25s but they had their problems too and got swapped for the Sony.
    The comparable Toshiba's look cheap and have their problems too by all accounts and the jury's out on the Panasonic PL1 going by the reports here.

All in all I'll try and try and hopefully end up with a Sony LS35 that works.

cheers,

John

7. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    what were the jvc probs i'm thinking of getting a AV28T25EK. my sl35's have both had black level problems. blacks look washed out if there are whites near by. the second set isn't as bad as the first but its still noticable. i'm really stuck as i don't know what model to go for. the pannyPL1 seems to be having a lot of probs and now you're jvc's were off:( :( :(

8. Andrew McP

Andrew McP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like the price and the looks (and the stand though I don't actually use it). Mine has an annoying whistle which I've half got used to (details will show up in a search of this forum). DVD playback is excellent, which is the only time I'm really concentrating on the screen. Sound is nothing to write home about, but it's good enough for day to day viewing. For movies I use the DVD player's output.

If I was buying again today I might shell out a bit extra for an LS60, but I'm a bit of a skinflint, so probably not ;)