1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Kv28hx15

Discussion in 'TVs' started by vince_vega, Jan 24, 2005.

1. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all, Having just got a refund on my panasonic TX-28PM1 because it had without a doubt the worst stand i have ever come across(flimsy, plasticky and i struggled to fit any of my other gear onto it without twisting the scart leads in some very unusual positions!) I think i have settled for the sony KV28HX15. Does anyone have any comments good or bad about this set?

2. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Apart From The Stand Was Their Any Other Negative Points About The Pm1?
    Im Thinking Of Getting The Sony Hx15, But I Might Go For The Sony 28 Inch Cs70 Instead Because Of The 3 Scart Connections.

3. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Search this site for KV28HX15 and KV-28HX15. Lots of recent threads answering positively about HX15s.

4. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    yeah the sound on the PM1 aint up to much!!

5. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panosonic UK Limited has identified a possible welding problem on a few of its television stands (model numbers VS-28PXM, VS-32PXM, VS-32PX2, VS-28PS2 and VS-32PS2) supplied with Panasonic televisions model numbers - TX-28PM1, TX-28PM11, TX-28DTX1, TX-28DTX10, TX-32PM1, TX-32PM11, TX-32DTX1, TX-32DTX10, TX-32DTX40, TX-28PS500 and TX-32PS500 purchased after March 2004.

The effect of this problem is that in a small number of cases, the stand leg may be incorrectly welded thereby affecting the stability of the stand.

6. moof

moof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Build quality of the HX15 isn't perfect, but then again a few models of the Sony range aren't up to scratch either.
    Have a look at my previous posting about the front bezel on the HX15. In the end I decided to keep the unit I have due to three reasons -

1. There was no guarantee that a replacement would be any better.
    2. Mounted on a different surface, the gap between the bezel and screen is diminished.
    3. It's still a pretty good TV!

7. ami nuttall

ami nuttall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying this model . I was firstly being swayed towards a Panasonic , but the look of the stands is poor. I like the look of a Sanyo , but guess they are 2nd grade compared to Sanyo / Panasonic ?

My first query is how I configure my scarts if I buy this model ? Just wonder in case I would be better getting a model with 3 scarts.
    I have a Video recorder, Sky Digital and a DVD player. My video and Sky Digital box have 2 scart sockets. My DVD has one , but also a s-video port.
    Can I plug the DVD player into the s-video port , and then use the 2 scart sockets for my Sky and Video ?

Thanks in advance for any help . :smashin: