1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony kv28hx15 probs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by vince_vega, Mar 18, 2005.

1. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi all, i have just noticed a slight problem with this wonderful tv. There seems to be a dark line about 3 inches from the bottom of the screen which is just visible when the pic on screen is very light. I hadnt noticed it until i watched the empire strikes back hoth scenes, the line is just above the black bar on widescreen presentations. Has anyone noticed this before and if so how can it be fixed? thanks

2. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems here...

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, as it's a Sony I guess it is fitted with Sony Trinitron crt. If that's the case then I would guess you are seeing the 'shadow' of the very very fine wire that crosses the crt behind the faceplate that keeps the vertical fine wires in position. This is perfectly normal on any Sony Trinitron CRT, in fact, depending on the screen size you will see more than one of these very fine lines crossing the screen - two or three ? This is inherent in a Trinitron crt and at normal viewing distances you shouldn't see them. Have a very close look at the screen when its displaying a bright picture. Just my thoughts. Regards, yt.

4. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    and now something else weird has started happening! about 3 times an hour a clicking is heard from the back of the screen and the whole screen flickers and goes slightly darker for a split second before righting itself, its bugging me now so any ideas what the problem can be guys?