Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony KV28HX15 or KD28DL11?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by grahamcutter, Oct 16, 2004.

1. grahamcutter

grahamcutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to buy a Sony widescreen but cannot decide on the model. I can buy the KV28HX15 for £389 or the KD28DL11 with integrated freeview for £20 more. I already have a freeview box but can get rid of that if necessary. Which should I go for? Any pros or cons to either? Cheers!!!

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Contact

Contact
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd recommend the DL11 all the way. The Sony digital service is fantastic, and will support the 7 day Electronic Program Guide when it becomes widely available. The picture on digital is far better.

Each TV only has two scarts, and your digital box will ideally want one of those if you have the HX15.

While it is another thing integrated to the set that could possibly go wrong, unless you've got a Sony digibox right now, it's unlikely you'll get the same quality digital reception. Plus you could always keep the extra Digibox as either:

a) An box for another set in your house

or

b) A box soley for your video/DVD recorder, so you can watch one digital station and record another. That is assuming that, like most of the country (who don't have Sky+) your recording device only has an analogue tuner.

Plus, the outside case of the HX15 looks odd :D