1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV28HX15 and John Lewis Pricematch?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by hutchingsp, Jan 9, 2005.

1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm about settled on one of these for my mums new TV (that or the JVC AV28T4).

First off, any feedback on this particular model?

Second, I'd sooner part with my cash to the local John Lewis than the likes of Comet/Currys - the warranty is worth a bob or two.

What's the best way to get the local (Solihull) JL to get close to the prices on the web - I'm a little unsure if they only match shops with retail premises, or if they will match the likes of Empire/Unbeatable where you can go to collect from.

It ocurred to me that Digital Point are based in Birmingham and AFAIK have retail premises as well?

I figure it's worth doing the homework before emailing/calling them.

cheers,
    Paul

2. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funnily enough I'm also near Solihull and I have this TV set! But rather than write another load of info about it, please look for the other threads currently on the first or second page of this forum about this model - it's all there.

I didn't get mine from JL, I used Comet online, so can't comment on that part.

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    hutchingsp,

Similarly, look for the John Lewis threads to get a feel of the situation.

You'll see that JL only pricematch with a dealer with premises.

It's also a bit of a lottery depending on who you talk to at JL.

Best plan is to speak to the Undersales Dept and keep putting in bids until one of you gives up!

Good luck. :thumbsup:

4. Himji

Himji
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try HiSpek. they have a net presence (so you can search prices online) and they have some shops too. The shop prices are the same as thier net prices. mind you they offer 3 years warranty off the bat too so they aren't bad for buying from (just bought mine from there)