1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Kv28fx68

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Suzie, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Suzie

Suzie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just taken delivery of my new Sony after reading several reviews but I'm not overly impressed by the picture or sound. I've chosen the best signals from the channel set-up but even via the freeview box the picture is not as good as the 14 year old Toshiba it has replaced especially when watching fast moving scenes. Slow or fixed pictures are ok though. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal.
    Also I am considering changing my scart leads. Do I need to change them all? and I've been recommended Ixos XHT 611 leads. Any views?

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Which mode are you using . I found Live was too coarse for my taste on Digital and the default settings on personal needed a bit of trial and error ,But the end result is great.I presume the fast moving scenes are freeview widescreen ? that should be more apparent on the 32'' model I've only seen it occasionally on mine. I think if you have the contrast or sharpness up too high this can cause problems. Can't help about scarts I don't go there unless all else fails

3. Suzie

Suzie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FAST MOVING SCREEN WAS ON FREEVIEW WIDESCREEN. I'M CURRENTLY ON LIVE MODE SO I'LL TRY THE PERSONAL SETTING AND FIDDLE AROUND WITH IT. CONTRAST AND SHARPNESS CAME PRESET ABOVE HALF WAY SO I'LL ADJUST THEM TOO. THANKS FOR THE INFO. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON.

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    You may find you can't adjust the sharpness in personal whilst on digital. youll have to go to analogue to change it. Auto noise can sometimes be another nuisance