1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV28FX66 - opinions?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by De|ta, Sep 20, 2003.

1. De|ta

De|ta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, looking to buy a new TV and have seen this one, graded stock for £350 - which is around all i have to play with at the moment. Does anyone have one of these sets, what are they like?

Thanks for any help you can give me

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Obsolete set, a few are still around. Looks very similar to the newer FX68's (which are less well-featured). Lovely pictures but a lot of people had problems with them buzzing loudly.

3. De|ta

De|ta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buzzing? erk.. things buzzing or whining is something that really ges on my nerves..might have to not get that set.. hmmm

what about the KD28DX40?

4. mister_d

mister_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you're looking where I think you are, I'm personally thinking in terms of a 28LS60 - good price, fewer complaints than most Sony sets on here, appears to come with a stand (judging by picture and the slightly higher delivery costs), supposedly inobtrusive 100Hz processing etc.

The FX66 definitely looks better on paper, but no stand, and a seemingly high risk of experiencing audible buzzing. Also not yet convinced I want 100Hz, especially with brand new and highly-rated (by some, at least) 50Hz sets being in a similar price bracket.

5. De|ta

De|ta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've emailed to ask about if the 28LS60 comes with a stand or not, and if they could guarantee a KV28FX66 to be buzz free - il post back with the reply once i have it

Mark

6. mister_d

mister_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Heard anything back yet? Very interested to find out the answer, as a guaranteed buzz-free FX66, as unlikely a scenario as it may be, would be a very attractive proposition - particularly if the LS60 doesn't have a stand as I've assumed until now.

7. De|ta

De|ta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they emailed back sayin to ring them, which il do as soon as i get a free minute near a phone!