1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KV28FX65 possible problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gkh030176, May 2, 2001.

1. gkh030176

gkh030176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People,

I've got an engineer coming round to look at my sony box on friday.

Problem is I get a kind of faint ghost image around the pictures on all the terrestrial channels , DVD's and on my PS2.

I have played around with the contrast, brightness, sharpness etc but it's stil there. I have also used the further progemming feature and fine tuned the terrestrials to -15 (can go -15 or +15 ... was in the middle on 0 by default)on the scale and it just about goes away but it's still there on any of the dvd player and PS2

When i phoned empiredirect they started talking about the ariel signal (not strong enough) but i mentioned about the dvd's etc and they said they would send an engineer.

Guy in the TV shop said the same thing first and then said it possible could be the telly

Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar before the engineer comes

Cheers

Gav

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Gav

I have just picked up an 28FX65 and although there is a slight ghosting when watching ITV through the aerial, DVDs and Sky digital all work excellently.

How strong is your aerial signal?

Have you tried changing the scart leads? Perhaps they're not up to the job?

Either that or you've got a dodgy DVD player and PS2. That would be a big coincidence though. :confused:

3. philpughe

philpughe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive heard that it may have someting to do with your scart lead. this involves taking apart the lead and removing a couple of wires. im sure that this was a questiuon in one of the av mags in the past couple of months. the actual lead is fine but its still pushing informaton from the aerial into the tv. try removing the aerial and just have a single scart from dvd to televsion only plugged in. i highly doubt that there is anything wrong with your tv.

4. gkh030176

gkh030176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

right since my original message I have changed the scart to a good quality oxygen free, gold plated lead.

I have also had sky digital installed and the faint ghost image is still there sometimes it shows up bad sometimes not.

I have removed the ariel and just used the scart between the didgibox and the telly and it was still there.

After a bit of messing about with the sharpness, brightness, contrast etc it is not as bad now and I can probably live with it if that's as good as it gets.

I'm still not convinced about the telly though and am thinking about ringing empiredirect again. I got the distinct impression that the engineer didn't really have an answer as he said it was probably the ariel, but when i showed him a couple of DVD's he was a bit lost and then started saying it was due to the high quality and flat screen of the telly that this ghosting/ or "digital sheen" (as he described it) exists and there ain't much you can do about it.

I quite like my sony tv (although it wasn't my first choice - i wanted a phillips 32" surround sound flat screen model ... unfortuneatly none in stock for about 3 months and i didn't want to wait)but if something is wrong i might try to convine empiredirect to do a swap

any thoughts on whetehre the telly is the problem or am i just being too fussy ??

cheers

Gav